Deadline: March 1, 2021
Enugu State 2021 Youth Entrepreneurship Leadership and Initiative (YELI) Program
The youth entrepreneurship and leadership initiative (YELI) is my pet project (Dr Dorothy Jeff-Nnamani) and launched in 2021 to mark the celebration of my 50th Birthday. It is intended to continue as an annual program to encourage the youths as they embark on entrepreneurship and leadership journey. Having experienced the hurdles and successes of leadership and entrepreneurship I wish to give back to the society for the benefit of those who are hoping to venture the same path.
Enugu State 2021 Youth Entrepreneurship Leadership and Initiative (YELI) Program Criteria
To participate in the competition, participants must meet certain criteria
- Must be between 20years and 35years
- Must have been running a self, start-up business for not more than 3years
- Must reside and have been living in the LGA in which the participants hope to represent for up to 2years
- Must be an indigene of the State (eg, Enugu State or whatever YELI State Chapter)
For 2021 we are only accepting applications for Enugu. Participants must live/work in Enugu and must be between the ages of 20 and 35 years.
Three persons in the first, second and third positions will be selected from each LGA of Enugu state.
- The emerging participants will receive financial tokens (150k , 100k and 50k respectively).
- They will gain admittance into the YELI Network as Alumni.
- Gain access to attend free master classes and events by local and international facilitators.
- Opportunities for networking to support business growth
The first positions in each LGA will represent the LGA and compete for the grand prize of Two Million Naira. As winners in their respective LGA, they will be exposed to further training and matched with coaches, preferably successful business owners in similar industries as their start-ups who will guide them, share their experiences, and support them to further developing their business sustainability and expansion ideas. They will also be invited for talks with local and international leaders that can speak to them as they prepare to take up roles as leaders in their respective businesses and communities. At the end of the coaching, the final business pitches are submitted and pitched to a panel of five judges which includes the curator of this initiative (Dr Dorothy Jeff-Nnamani). The first, second and third positions are selected.
The Winner takes the grand prize of N2,000,000.00, the second position gets N1,000,000.00 while the third position gets N500,000.00. All three in addition receive other prizes such as;
- Networking exposure to both local and international business leaders
- Guidance and coaching opportunities by successful business owners
- Exposure to further funding opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in selected SME programs across Nigeria and networking with other entrepreneurs.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Youth Entrepreneurship and Leadership and Initiative (YELI)! This application is open to all indigenes and non indigenes of Enugu State who are currently residing in Enugu State.
For more Information: Visit the website of Enugu State 2021 Youth Entrepreneurship Leadership and Initiative (YELI) Program