Deadline: September 20th, 2020 11:59 pm EST
#CivicsForUS : Equity in Civics Youth Fellowship 2020 Application for Grade 7-12 U.S Students
The Equity in Civics Youth Fellowship is a paid year-long program for U.S students in grades 7–12 to lend their voice to the discussion on equity in civic education. By the end of the program students will be able to:
- Convey their personal narrative and employ lived civic experiences as valuable contributions to the equity in civic education discussion
- Articulate the need for equity-rooted civic education
- Engage adult advocates and allies around youth civic needs from a student-focused perspective
- Leverage communication and advocacy skills developed throughout the program to engage with decision-makers and public institutions to influence outcomes in their community
- Understand the relationship between civic knowledge, civic engagement, and social influence skills as tools necessary to navigating civic institutions
Our goal is to cultivate a deeper appreciation for student voices in the field of civics which we will accomplish by facilitating student-led discussions about civic education with equity at the center to ensure student perspectives are represented in the national dialogue.
Equity in Civics Youth Fellowship 2020 Program Requirements:
This is a paid fellowship opportunity. Selected students will be required to:
- Attend October 17–18th Virtual Kick-Off Event
- Attend virtual online workshops and guest speaker events (2xs /month)
- Attend meetings with the Equity in Civics Steering Committee (when possible)
- Participate in speaking engagements as assigned
- Lead and build the national social media campaign
- Publish op-ed/blog
- Engage in local advocacy for equity in civic education
- Attend and participate in the end of program event (June TBD)
Eligible applicants must be low-income students, students of color, OR students in rural communities, with an interest in politics, civics, history, government, or social justice.
- Teacher Nomination Form: http://bit.ly/iCivicsECYFNoms20_21
- Student Application Form: http://bit.ly/iCivicsECYFApp20_21
Students need both forms to be considered for the Equity in Civics Youth Fellowship.
For more Information: Visit the webpage for Equity in Civics Youth Fellowship 2020 Application for Grade 7-12 U.S Students #CivicsForUS