Deadline for sending applications: 20/08/2023
EU Delegation in Senegal Subsidized internship for young graduates
Are you a recent graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about working in a diplomatic mission and how a Delegation represents the interests and values of the European Union in Senegal?
A 3 – month internship , renewable, within the Politics, Press and Information section at the EU Delegation to Senegal starting in October or November 2023.
Main tasks :
- Monitoring and analysis of the positioning/visibility of the EU in the media
- Support for drafting documents
- Support for social media management
- Support for the organization of events
- Research and analysis on current topics
We are looking for:
Qualifications or specific prerequisites :
- Given local health and safety conditions, only applicants currently residing in Senegal will be considered.
- Demonstrated interest in diplomatic work and international relations;
- Interest in European affairs;
- Autonomy, flexibility and sense of teamwork;
- Excellent command of written and oral French;
- Knowledge of written and spoken English is an asset;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office and social media;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Hold a degree in law, international relations, political science, journalism and communications, economics or in another related field is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Senegalese media landscape.
How to apply?
Please send your application to the following address: [email protected] dedicated to receiving applications for traineeships with all the required supporting documents:
- A standard Europass Curriculum Vitae ( CV ) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/(resumes in other formats will not be considered)
- A letter of motivation explaining why you want to take part in a traineeship in an EU Delegation.
- And an application form
Please add in the subject of your email: Subsidized internship – PPI
Important information to read before applying
Each selected intern will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel, visa, insurance and accommodation will be the responsibility of the intern.
Applications from ineligible candidates will not be considered. After all applications have been assessed, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unselected candidates will be informed by e-mail. If the selected candidate cannot provide the required documents, their application will be rejected.
The internship can only be offered in compliance with local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens of EU Member States:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and repatriation costs;
- must have an entry visa and/or a temporary residence permit, if applicable, based on the internship agreement, the duration of the internship and in compliance with local legislation.
For more information: Visit source