ExxonMobil Graduate Internship (Procurement) Program for Nigerians – At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Exxon Mobil Corporation is one of the world’s largest publicly traded companies, an industry leader in the petroleum and petrochemical business and operates in virtually every region of the world.
Mobil Producing Nigeria and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria, affiliates of ExxonMobil Corporation, and have operated in Nigeria for over 60 years and form one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do. We build skills and competencies through training and work experiences in a wide range of assignments. With a long history of industry leadership and cutting edge innovation, we are committed to providing affordable and sustainable energy.
We are inviting ambitious professionals to be part of our Procurement department. This opportunity presents hands-on learning experience from renowned experts in different career fields in our world class organization. You will also have the opportunity to think independently, grow to your full potential, and help shape the future of energy.
What role you will play in our team
As a Graduate Intern, you will participate in the Company’s one year graduate internship program in fulfilment of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), contributing to fresh graduates’ professional development.
At ExxonMobil, we believe in continuous learning and development. You will be given opportunities to prove yourself and gain valuable work experience, skills, and knowledge through challenging assignments. You will also receive on-the-job training, mentoring, and coaching by your supervisors.
The position is based at Lagos in Nigeria.
What you will do
Responsibilities may include but are not limited the below mentioned:
1. Administrative Procurement Support:
The procurement intern will provide a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, ensuring consistency and quality delivery. These will include but not limited to-
- Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments
- Compliance and reconciliation of invoices
- Analysis and reporting of department key performance indicators
- National Content data review and analysis
- Data management and analysis
- Document control Support
- Client Relationships/ Stakeholder Management
2. Training components and learning elements
- The intern will be given an on the job learning opportunity by being assigned to work on lower risk procurement cases for which along each step of the way s/he will be guided on the ExxonMobil procurement process including best practices.
3. Participation in training courses
- The intern will be given an opportunity to participate in the relevant procurement courses in the ExxonMobil learning and development site
- Nigerian citizen
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade of second class, upper division (2.1) in Accounting / Business Management / Social Science/Engineering/ Law degree or other related degrees
- Must have completed National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) no earlier than 2022 (2022, 2023)
- Recent graduate – no earlier than 2021 (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Must be proficient in the use of computer and MS Office applications
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Able to work well with teams
- Good data analysis and communication skills
- Able and willing to learn
- Effective presentation skills