ANNOUNCEMENT OF BURSARIES AT FAWE UGANDA 2023/2024 FORUM FOR AFRICAN WOMEN EDUCATIONALISTS (FAWE) UGANDA CHAPTER/FORBERG SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2023/2024
Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) Uganda Chapter has received a new grant from Mn. Forberg through Social initiatives to support 75 youth (70% female and 30% male students) from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and regions of Eastern and Northern Uganda for the academic year 2023-2024.
The objective of the program is to enable students from the selected districts complete higher education; and provide academic and psycho-social support and facilitate pathways for the students to do internships, industrial practice and get employment. Students from the districts of Namayingo, Napak, Kween, Amuria, Ablm , Luuka, Nwoya, Agago and Mace mil be facilitated to access and complete Higher Education. The program is being implemented in partnership with three universities; Busitema University, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, and Gulu University, in addition to Uganda Technical College -Elgon, Medical Laboratory Technology training School and Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery. FAWE Uganda announces the availability 01 75 bursaries to support the following categories of students; University undergraduates (30) slots, Diploma in Nursing (7) slots and Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (8) slots, Diploma in Civil, Water and Electrical Engineering at Uganda Technical College (10) slots and Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery (20) slots for the academic year 2023/2024. The bursaries come with comprehensive financial, academic and social support to students for the entire duration of their studies.
The bursary support is available to those who meet the eligibility criteria below;
• The applicant must be aged between 18 and 25 years;
• The applicant must have sat his/her Ordinary (S.4) or Advanced level (S.6) examinations in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
• The applicant must be applying for direct entry into the partner institutions of learning for the academic year 2023/2024.
• The applicant must have been born in, and is a resident of any of the programme districts of; Agago, Abirn, Napak, Kween, Arnuria, Luuka, Narnayingo, Nwoya and Moyo.
• The applicant must have attended Ordinary or Advanced Level Education in any of the programme districts mentioned above.
• Applicants who sat their Ordinary (S.dis4) or Advanced Level (S.6) examinations in schools outside their districts of birth but within the specific regions of Eastern and Northern Uganda qualify to apply for the bursaries.
• The applicant must be qualified for admission into the following programme areas of study:
1. Degree (3-4 years) program: Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, Medical Courses, Education Science Courses.
2. Diploma (2 years) program: Civil Engineering, Water engineering and Electrical Engineering.
3. Diploma (2 years) Program: Nursing
4. Diploma (2 years) program: Medical Laboratory technology.
5. Certificate (2.5 years) program: Midwifery
• The applicant must not be a current beneficiary of any other bursary scheme or similar bursary elsewhere.
• Other vulnerability aspects to be considered include: young people living with disability. HIV/AIDS—infected or affected, orphaned (total or partial).
• The applicant must be willing to give back to his/her community through development services.
Note: Female applicants from the 9 districts are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
• Application forms will be available at no cost at the offices of the Academic Registrars of the three universities; Busitema University; Mbarara University of Science and Technology, and Gulu University and the two health training institutions; Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery and Medical Laboratory Technology Training School and Uganda Technical College Elgon, Mbale.
• Application forms can also be found at the District Education Offices in the 9 program districts and FAWE Uganda Office plot 328, Bukoto — Kisaasi Road, P.O. Box 24117 Kampala, Uganda or downloaded from the FAWE Uganda website through the link below:www.faweuganda.org.
• Submit a fully filled-in application form to the office of the District Education Officer (DEO), any of the partner institutions or to FAWE Uganda Office.
• The deadline for applications is 140 July 2023 after which no applications will be accepted. Please note that; 1. Application forms are free of charge and NO fees/facilitation or intermediaries required at any stage of the selection process.
2. Inaccurate information or misinterpretation of any part of the application, falsification or incomplete application and any attempt to influence the process will lea to automatic disqualification or recommendation for dismissal from the program.
3. All documents submitted will be subjected to thorough verification including home visits of successful applicants before final approval and award.
4. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified at every stage of the selection process which will be conducted by a team of independent Regional Technical Bursary Committees (RBTCs) supervised by FAWE Uganda.
For further enquiry and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Programs Coordinator on 0753545021 and the Program Officer on 0782530100, office line +256772487299.