The France – South Africa Scholarship Programme is directed to South African students who intend to study in universities or higher education institutions in France for their Master’s degree or PhD.
The programme is also open to students from Lesotho and Malawi.
The next call for applications is open for students who intend to start their studies in France in September 2024. Applicants will be contacted individually as needed. The list of the laureates and the waiting list will be announced according to the indicated timeline. Follow-up requests by applicants will not be answered.
Due to the differences between the Southern and Northern hemisphere calendars, laureates will follow a specific programme in South Africa from February 2024 to July 2024. This track will include online French courses organized by the network of the Alliances Françaises. It may also include an internship in French Companies and organisations based in South Africa, depending on the opportunities and the profile of each laureate.
This programme is open to all fields of studies.
Applicants are invited to carefully read the rulebook for the France – South Africa Scholarship Programme and the frequently asked questions. You can also consult the Campus France South Africa website to find more details on higher education institutions and study programmes in France. If you need any help or advice on finding the most appropriate programme for you, you can consult and contact Campus France South Africa.
- The call for applications is open until 16 October 2023 at 23:59 SA time.
- A series of webinars will be organized in June 2023 to provide students with useful information to prepare their applications. Follow Campus France South Africa on social media for webinar information.
- Interview of the eligible candidates: November 2023.
- Results: end of November/early December 2023.
- Specific programme in South Africa (online French courses and possibly an internship): February 2024 – July 2024.
- Departure to France: Early September 2024.
Applicants and Scholarship laureates will be contacted individually when needed. Due to the high number of applications, follow-up requests by candidates will not be answered.
For more Information: Visit the website for France-South Africa Scholarship 2024 Programme