Frances Baard District Municipality Information Technology Internship 2023 Programme. Frances Baard District Municipality is a dynamic equal opportunity employer where goals are achieved through teamwork and the pursuit of excellence in service delivery. The municipality has the following vacancies:
(NB: This is a re-advertisement, applicants who applied before do not have to re-apply)
DEPARTMENT: ADMINISTRATION VACANCY: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
Remuneration: R100 000.00 per annum
Two-year employment contract
Overview of the programme: The internship programme is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of information technology and the underlying reforms. The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during university training.
The applicant must be in possession of a relevant qualification: MCSE, Comptia A+ and N+. A
B.Sc degree in Computer Science will be an added advantage. The successful applicant will report to the head of IT.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Applying guidelines in respect of troubleshooting and installation of new software and/or hardware
- Setting up, installing and testing new units, seeking approval and correcting deviations prior to handover
- Checking and communicating functionality in the live environment to internal technical support personnel
- Applying instructions and guidelines to support end-users with queries on the capability of application software, peripheral devices, connectivity and/ or functionality of operating software and hardware devices
- Providing guidance to new users with start-up /log-on procedures and/or sequences, tools and capabilities of associated packages
- Updating asset details of computer equipment and accessories located within the organisation.
- A fundamental understanding of Network topology and protocols and troubleshooting skills for Hardware, Software and Network peripherals.
Appointments will be made according to the municipality’s employment equity policy and affirmative action practices. The completion of application forms is mandatory and must be accompanied by detailed and comprehensive curriculum vitae and is to be accompanied by certified copies of ID and qualifications not older than 3 months. Applications should be forwarded to the following postal address:
THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER, FRANCES BAARD DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY, PRIVATE BAG X6088, KIMBERLEY 8300 or hand delivered to: 51 DRAKENSBERG AVENUE, CARTERS GLEN, KIMBERLEY.
How To Apply
Application forms are available from the municipal office and/or may be downloaded from the municipal website; www.francesbaard.gov.za. Enquiries can be directed to: Mrs. Pulane Matsitse/Mrs. Lesedi Job, Tel: 053-838 0912/911.
Note: Designated groups, including people living with disabilities, are particularly encouraged to apply.
FAXED OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Successful candidates will be subjected to a compulsory reference and validation checks. Should you not receive any response from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. The District Municipality reserves the right to make no appointments.
Closing Date: 30 August 2023
MUNICIPAL MANAGER, MS ZM BOGATSU