Fulbright Foreign Student Program For Graduate Students In The USA. Graduate students, young professionals, and artists from other countries can study and do research in American colleges and other academic institutions thanks to the Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
Institution(s) hosting: American academic institutions and universities
the area(s) of study: Applications from all subjects, including interdisciplinary ones, are welcomed by Fulbright.
Amount of Awards: Each year, about 4,000 international students are awarded Fulbright grants.
Target audience: international students from 155 different nations
Scholarship amount and Duration: Typically, the award pays for things like tuition, travel expenses, a living allowance, health insurance, etc. For the course of the studies, financing is provided by the Fulbright program.
For a complete list of scholarship perks, please go to the official website and any country-specific webpages.
Program eligibility and selection methods differ greatly between nations. To learn more about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility conditions and application procedures, please visit the country-specific webpages.
All applications for the Foreign Student Program are handled by bilateral Fulbright Commissions or Foundations or U.S. Embassies. Foreign students must therefore submit their applications through the Fulbright Commission/Foundation or the American Embassy in their native nations. Country-specific deadlines range from February to October every year.
For comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, please see the country-specific webpages (links are provided below) and the official website.
Website/Links for Fulbright Foreign Student Program For Graduate Students In The USA
Foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/foreign-fulbright is the official website for the scholarship.
Fulbright Foreign Student Program For Graduate Students In The USA FAQ – FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is there an age limit for participation in Fulbright Foreign Student Program?
No. There is no specific age limit for participation in the program.
- I am a senior student and I have not completed my university degree at the time of application. Could I apply for the program?
No. Applicants must have at least 2 years of substantive professional experience after university graduation. Applications from 3rd and 4th year undergraduate students will not be considered.
- I am not currently living in Kazakhstan. Am I eligible to apply for scholarship?
This program is designed for citizens of Kazakhstan, permanently living there. If you are a permanent resident of another country, you are not eligible for participation in the program. Also, if you are temporarily out of the country, you are expected to return back in Kazakhstan for the interview stage, if selected for interview.
- I obtained a degree in an U.S. university. Am I eligible to apply for scholarship?
No. Eligible applicants must not have a university degree from a U.S. higher education institution.
- I do not have any working experience. Am I eligible to apply for scholarship?
No. Applicants must have at least 2 years of substantive professional experience after university graduation.
UNIVERSITIES AND CONTENT AREA OF STUDY
- Can I apply for a scholarship whatever subject I am studying?
Participants could apply for any subject area, except for Medical sciences.
- Which universities could I choose under the framework of the program?
You could indicate any U.S. universities in the application. However, we do not guarantee that grantees will be directed precisely to the universities they have indicated in their application.
- How long does it take to complete the Program after receiving the grant?
Usually, master’s programs can be completed in 2 years or less. The grant is first awarded for one academic year and will be renewed for the second year of study based on academic standing of the grantee.
- Should I be already accepted to U.S. university to participate in the program, or will I be enrolled to an university after I receive the grant?
You do not have to be accepted to a U.S. University in order to apply. Placement will be done by the Institute of International Education (IIE) if your get the grant.
LANGUAGE SKILLS / GRE, GMAT, AND TOEFL
- What language skills do I need to apply for a scholarship? Which TOEFL score should I have to be accepted to the program?
Nominees must have a sufficiently high level of English to undertake full-time graduate level study in the U.S. For most academic programs, applicants must have a TOEFL score of at least 550 (Paper-based test) or 79-80 (Internet-based test). You could further access websites of U.S. universities to learn what specific requirements of each academic program are.
- Could I submit IELTS scores instead of TOEFL?
Yes. U.S. universities do accept IELTS scores instead of TOEFL. By the way, if you are nominated for the program, you will receive a voucher for free TOEFL test, so you could undergo this test if you have only IELTS results.
- I have read that U.S. Embassy provides vouchers to nominated candidates for undertaking TOEFL, GRE or GMAT tests. Could you provide more information about that?
All nominated candidates will be requested to register for TOEFL and GRE/GMAT if they have not taken the tests already. Only nominated candidates are entitled to an exemption from the test fees by vouchers. Vouchers will be distributed by the U.S. Embassy.
- I am interested in a Master’s program that does not require taking GMAT or GRE. Do I still have to submit these tests?
Yes. All nominated candidates have to take GRE tests.