Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary 2023 Application
Applications for the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary are now open!
Eligible youth in Gauteng are encouraged to carefully read the criteria below & apply before 28 February 2023.
GCRA is responsible for building a pool of skilled, capable and ethical workforce for the Gauteng City Region. This is done through different interventions, i.e., bursaries, internships, learnerships, skills programmes, etc.
The GCRA bursary programme is open to all qualifying youth, with particular preference given to youth from Gauteng, who wish to study for an undergraduate and/or post-graduate programme at an accredited and registered Post School Education and Training institution in South Africa. The bursary covers full cost of study, with conditions, as stipulated in the bursary contract.
- Students who completed matric and reside in Gauteng – Proof of residence required
- Students intending to study an undergraduate programme and have been accepted at an accredited PSET institution of learning and/or is currently registered for such.
- Students who want to pursue Post-Graduate studies and have been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning
The following students automatically qualify, but must also complete the appliction form online:
- Top Achievers from Gauteng Schools
- Top learner from no-fee paying schools in Gauteng
- Top 3 learner from LSEN schools in Gauteng
To Qualify for a GCRA bursary award you must be:
- A South African Citizen
- Youth residing in Gauteng between the age of 18 and 35
Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary 2023 Application Key Requirements
- Certified copy of South African ID(by birth)
- Proof of Gauteng residence(utility bill or letter from ward councillor)
- Matric Certificate and or latest academic results(certified)
- Proof of income from parent(s) or guardian(s) or affidavit
- Letter of Motivation(not more than 2 pages)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from PSET institution
- Disability or medical report(where applicable)
- Personal Details
- Address Details
- Matric Results Details
Step 2 (Application(s)
- Tertiary Institution Details
- Other Sponsor Details
- Upload Compulsory Documents
- Terms And Conditions