Applicants are invited to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing to study towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2024 at one of the College campuses:
- Ann Latsky Campus
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus
- SG Lourens Campus
- Bonalesedi Campus.
To successfully apply and be considered for the training, please take note of the following:
- You are required to register a profile on the system before you can apply.
- Must be a South African citizen, who resides in the Gauteng Province. You must be in possession of one of the following school leaving certificates – a Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate, currently in Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health
- Applications must be done on the GPG Professional Job Centre system before or on the 30th June; NO late applications will be accepted
- Certified documents will be uploaded on the system, however you will be required to take supporting documents to the selection centre should you be shortlisted.
- No hand delivered or emailed applications will be accepted, all applications must be done online.The following subject criteria are required:
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4, Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score)
- National Vocational Certificate: 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to relate to people
- Organisational ability
- Leadership ability
- Calmness during a crisis
- Communication, numeracy and life skills
- Computer literacy
- Study skills
- Compassionate and caring.Successful applicants will be required:
• To sign an agreement with the Department of Health
• To attend lectures
• Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) which includes shifts and working on public holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the program requirements.
• Ensure that you qualify and meet the minimum requirements before you apply
• If you do not receive feedback within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
How can I apply?
Website – https://nursingintake.gauteng.gov.za
Register Profile, Update your Resume (Personal Info,School Education,Training, Work Experience, References) and Apply.
Documents to verify information will be requested should the applicant met the shortlisting criteria – applicants will be contacted