Gauteng Department of Education Examination Assistants and Quality Assurance Vacancies
Gauteng Department of Education would like to invite all unemployed youth and unemployed graduates residing in Gauteng Province to be part of the Examination Assistants and Quality Assurance.
The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially in respect of race, gender and disability.
The specific reference number of the post must be quoted; failure to comply with these instructions will disqualify applications from being processed.
Department of Education
Examination Assistant x 270
Quality Assurers x 1183
|REFERENCE NUMBER||MARKING CENTRES|
|Alberton 1||Alberton High School|
|Bracken 2||Bracken High School|
|Bryanston 3||Bryanston High|
|Ferndale 4||Ferndale High School|
|Greenside 5||Greenside High School|
|Alberton 6||Hoërskool Alberton|
|Birchleigh 7||Hoërskool Birchleigh|
|Die Adelaar 8||Hoërskool Die Adelaar|
|Dinamika 9||Hoërskool Dinamika|
|Elspark 10||Hoërskool Elspark|
|UJ-Metropolitan 24||UJ-Metropolitan High|
|Westridge 25||Westridge High|
|Florida 11||Hoërskool Florida|
|Garsfontein 12||Hoërskool Garsfontein|
|Linden 13||Hoërskool Linden|
|President 14||Hoërskool President|
|Jeppe 15||Jeppe High School for Boys|
|Krugersdorp 16||Krugersdorp High|
|Mondeor 17||Mondeor High|
|Nokuthula 18||Nokuthula ELSEN|
|Parklands 19||Parklands High School|
|Parktown 20||Parktown High for Boys|
|Queens 21||Queens High|
|Rand Girls 22||Rand Girls High|
|Rand Park Ridge 23||Rand Park Ridge High|
Directorate: Examinations Management
Package: As per applicable Personnel Administrative Measures (PAM) rates
An appropriate recognised Academic qualification:
• Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate Vocational.
• Only registered students at tertiary institutions, unemployed persons with one or more tertiary qualification and unemployed graduates may apply.
• Applicants must possess advanced numerical skills with Mathematics or Accounting as a compulsory subject.
• Second year and above tertiary students will be advantaged.
• Please indicate previous experience in examinations administration as an Examination Assistant [ Marking Centre or Office based].
• The nature of the work is linked to tight deadlines and thus requires that the successful candidate be able to work under pressure.
|EXAMINATIONS ASSISTANT AT EXAMS DISTRICT & HEAD OFFICES||QUALITY ASSURER AT MARKING CENTRES|
|Please see above Table for Reference Numbers||Please see above Table for Reference Numbers|
|• Daily receive, check, control, scan and pack scripts for marking including indexed archival of scripts after marking.|
• Ensure the correct number of scripts and marksheets per batch, subject, paper, and examination session are received, controlled, scanned and these packed for the correct marking venue.
• Ensure that discrepancies regarding the above are addressed per batch, subject, paper, examination session.
• Ensure each bag of scripts include two copies of MP Flow control list of contents, and bag tagged with the correct marking venue colour coded label.
• Create a marking centre file of all scripts to be dispatched for each of the marking venue.
•Assist with dispatching of scripts to the marking venues.
• Receive, control and archive marked scripts at Head Office for easy retrieval as and when required.
|• Receive control and distribute scripts to marking teams.|
• Ensure the correct number of scripts and marksheet per batch during marking.
• Assist with controlling, distribution and scanning of scripts.
• Ensure all questions are marked, marks added correctly and correctly transferred to the front cover of the script.
• Ensure that the total on each script is correct and correctly transferred to the marksheet.
• Ensure that discrepancies regarding all the above are addressed by the marking teams and amendments effected accordingly on both the script and marksheet.
• Reconcile the number of scripts, control and arrange scripts per subject, paper, numerically for indexed archival after marking.
How To Apply – Gauteng Department of Education Examination Assistants and Quality Assurance Vacancies
Notes: Persons writing National Senior Certificate /Senior Certificate and AET Examinations in 2023, persons who have taken the VSP and persons employed elsewhere may NOT apply and will not be considered.
Email Address: [email protected]
Enquiries: Mr Harry Culling
Telephone Number: 010 601 8082
- Have you passed matric or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification ?
- Are you currently registered as a tertiary student?
- What is your current or highest year of study at tertiary?
- Have you passed Mathematics/Mathematical Literacy at matric/tertiary level?
- Have you passed Accounting at matric or tertiary level?
- How many years experience as an Examination Assistant/Quality Assurer?
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will be electronically acknowledged, If you do not receive any response
by 01 December 2023, please accept that your application was not successful.