Deadline: 30th November 2023
Gauteng Treasury External Bursary Application 2024 (Form pdf) . The Gauteng Provincial Treasury’s (GPT) mandate is to promote good governance by providing stewardship on all financial matters in the province. GPT invites eligible learners from the no school fees in Gauteng High Schools who wish to study one of the selected qualifications to apply for the 2024 bursary.
Bursary will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Pass matriculation and an acceptance letter from the university or institution of higher learning.
- Equity targets
- Department’s needs in relation to the students’ applied qualification.
- Availability of funds.
Applicants must satisfy the below criteria:
– Be an RSA citizen.
– Currently studying matric at no fee school within Gauteng Province.
– Be intended to study on a full-time basis for the academic year 2024 in any public higher education institution.
– Pursue a qualification related to GPT such as the following: Financial Management
– Cost and Accounting Management
– Internal Auditing
– Supply Chain Management / Logistics Management
– Accounting Management Accounting
– Risk Management
– Information Technology/Computer Science
– Psychology/Social Work
– Communications/Public Relations/Graphic Designs.
Preference will be given to students who pursue finance/ accounting qualifications and people with disabilities.Be intended to study at any public university or institution of higher learning within the country. Must not be in receipt of any other funding, in full or part-time.
Also Apply: Sanlam CA Trainee Bursary Programme 2024
The bursary will cover the following:
- Registration Fees
- Tuition Fees
- Prescribed textbooks
- Accommodation and meals
- Upon completion of studies, bursary recipients will be required to join the Gauteng ProvincialTreasury on an internship programme.
Who may apply?
- Matriculants from non-fee school within Gauteng Province, who need to pursue qualifications listed in the advert in line with Gauteng Provincial Treasury.
- Only bursaries for full-time study at Public Institution of higher learning within the borders of South Africa, may be granted to deserving students.
- Bursary applications which do not comply with all the requirements listed shall automatically not be considered.
1. Application shall be made by completion of the official bursary application form.
2. Attach a brochure highlighting the following information:
(a) Field of study.
(b) Latest date of registration.
(c) Part time
(d) Duration of studies.
(e) Total cost of registration, tuition, and examination fees.
3. Completed motivation on Application Form indicating your reasons for enrolling for the intended
qualification signed by yourself and recommended by his/her parents or Guardian and
Headmaster/Principal of the school from which the applicant is based.
4. Your Principal’s recommendation will be based upon:
(a) The relevance of your study field inline with your current stream (Commercial subjects).
(b) The relevance of your study field to your future career path
(c) Your proven statement of results and general conduct.
5. Should your application be approved, you will be required to?
I. Sign a contractual agreement with Gauteng Provincial Treasury.
II. Submit an invoice for tuition fees.
III. Submit proof of registration.
IV. Submit a quotation for books from reputable bookstore.
V. Submission of Grade 11 report
VI. Submit an invoice and lease agreement for residence.
VII. Evidence (ID copy and SAPS affidavit) of a Parent/Guardian.
For more Information: Visit the website for Gauteng Treasury External Bursary Application