GDARDE Agricultural Assistance Application for Subsistence Producers
Gauteng subsistence producers who play a vital role in ensuring local food security, can now receive assistance from Gauteng Department of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment (GDARDE).
GDARDE hereby calls for 2024/2025 financial year applications for subsistence producers within the Province and subsistence producers are urged to apply.
Application forms are available at GDARDE offices across the province. All applicants need to be at least 18 years of age and must possess a valid South African identity document. Priority will be given to subsistence producers who are farming with vegetables and poultry.
The following will be the specific support to be provided to subsistence producers:
Type of Support
Production inputs : Garden tools, seeds, seedlings, fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, Day old chicks, feed, medication, and sawdust, etc.
Infrastructure: Borehole drilling and irrigation systems, fences and gates, storage facilities, tunnels and shade net structures, poultry structures etc.
- South African Certified ID copy; not older than 3 months
- Valid confirmation of land tenure/ownership (title deeds, Permission to Occupy, minimum 5 years lease agreement) for community food gardens
- Application form completed
- Constitution in case of a group/organisation
- Non-Government Employees or Political Office Bearers
How To Apply – GDARDE Agricultural Assistance Application for Subsistence Producers
Application forms are available at Regional Offices of GDARDE. Completed application forms with the supporting documents must be submitted to the nearest Regional Offices of GDARDE.
Closing Date for the application is 29th September 2023 at 16h00. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information please contact:
- City of Tshwane Official Mpho Malatsi Contact 076 422 2523 [email protected]
- City of JHB Charles Lungu 066 488 3804 [email protected]
- Sedibeng Lucky Lesufi 076 421 8686 [email protected]
- WRDM Charles Lungu 066 488 3804 [email protected]
- Ekurhuleni Lucky Lesufi 076 421 8686 [email protected]
- Head Office (JHB) Justice Lekgoro 011 240 2721 [email protected]
For more information visit: www.gauteng.gov.za