Deadline: March 15, 2023.
George Mason University Adam Smith Fellowship Program 2023-2024
Applications are now open for the George Mason University Adam Smith Fellowship Program 2023-2024. The Adam Smith Fellowship is a co-sponsored program of the Mercatus Center and Liberty Fund, Inc. Adam Smith Fellowships are awarded to graduate students attending PhD programs at any university and in any discipline, including but not limited to economics, philosophy, political science, and sociology.
The aim of these fellowships is to introduce students to and encourage them to critically engage key thinkers in political economy that they might not otherwise encounter during their graduate studies. As such, Adam Smith Fellows spend three weekends during the academic year and one week during the summer participating in workshops and seminars on the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy. Fellows will join a network of Mercatus students, alumni, and scholars who are conducting and engaging with cutting edge research in contemporary political economy.
- Open to doctoral students from any university and discipline who are interested in political economy.
- No citizenship requirements.
- The total award of up to $10,000 includes a stipend and travel and lodging to attend colloquia hosted by the Mercatus Center.
- Adam Smith Fellows are eligible to re-apply each year of their studies, and are also eligible to apply for conference and research support.
How to Apply
In order to apply to the Adam Smith Fellowship, please click the “Apply Now” button and complete the online application. The online application includes:
- A 1-2 page cover letter explaining:
- your graduate school career to date,
- your research interests and current projects,
- your familiarity with the thinkers associated with the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy, and
- what you hope to get out of the program.
- A current resume/CV
- A few short answer questions
Application review will begin after the deadline, and we anticipate decisions will begin to be announced approximately eight to twelve weeks after the deadline.