The Ghana Education Trust Fund is accepting applications for Local scholarships for the 2023/24 Academic year through its portal.
The effective opening date for applications is Wednesday, 20th December 2023 and closing date for applications is Wednesday, 31st January 2024.
Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund) Undergraduate and Postgraduate Local Scholarships 2023/2024 Application Requirements
Undergraduate Application Requirements
- Scanned copy of proof of Nationality (Copy of Passport / National I.D Card)
- Scanned copy of Admission letter clearly stating the program duration
- Scanned copy of Approved Fee Schedule (2023/24 Academic Year) – if not stated in the letter of admission
- Scanned copy of Secondary School Certificate results (WASSCE, CTVET, and any other certificate recognized by Ghana Tertiary Education Commission GTEC) (where applicable)
- Scanned copy of Previous academic year transcripts for continuing students (where applicable)
- Scanned copy of Previous Undergraduate Certificate (Degree, HND, Diploma) and corresponding transcript for applicants pursuing another Undergraduate certificate (Degree, HND) (where applicable)
Postgraduate Application Requirements
- Scanned copy of proof of Nationality (Copy of Passport Bio Data Page / National I.D Card)
- Scanned copy of admission letter clearly stating the program duration in it
- Scanned copy of approved Fee Schedule (2023/24 Academic Year) – if not stated in the letter of admission
- Scanned copy of 1st degree certificate (Masters and PhD applicants)
- Scanned copy of other degree certificate (PhD applicants only)
- Scanned copy of previous transcript (Masters and PhD applicants only)
- Scanned copy of National Service Certificate where applicable (Masters and PhD applicants only)
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae (Masters and PhD applicants only).
– Please note that all correspondence will be done exclusively between the GETFund and the scholarship applicant.
– Please be advised that scholarship applications shall be received through the Scholarship web application form ONLY for processing.
Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund) Local Scholarship Programme Application
It is a criminal offence to provide false or deliberately misleading information when filling out your scholarship application form. Procedure for Application
Multiple application by application is an instant disqualification.
FAQ – Frequent Asked Questions
Some FAQs to help understand the GETFund Scholarship Programme.
Who qualifies to apply for a GETFund Scholarship?
- Uploading of invisible or unclear document
- Uploading falsify document
- Uploading incomplete application
Which local university can one apply for GETFUND Scholarship
All local Universities accredited by Ghana Tertiary Education Council to run Postgraduate & Undergraduate courses.
Can I apply for a scholarship before being accepted into a university?
No. All scholarship applicants are required to have a valid Admission offer letter from a local university.
How Do I know If I am eligible to Apply?
The basic eligibility requirement is for an applicant to be a Ghanaian Citizen followed by all other requirements as stated on the Scholarship application portal.
What should I Include in my scholarship application letter?
A scholarship application letter should consist of relevant details in relation to the applicant, the institution of the applicant, the course of the applicant, applicant fees per academic semester, academic year or entire academic duration and other information deemed relevant by the applicant.
Can I apply if I am in my second year and beyond?
Yes, you can, but the sponsorship will take effect from the year of application.
For more Information: Visit the website for Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund) Scholarship Programme Portal