Global Landscape (GLF) 2023 Volunteer Program
Are you a young professional or student eager to network, build your CV and take a look behind the scenes at an international organization? If so, we’d love to bring you on board as a volunteer this year.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM?
GLF is looking for young people (aged 18–35) who are:
- Passionate about environmental justice;
- Looking to gain experience in social media, project coordination, facilitation, digital marketing, and translation;
- Committed and flexible – we offer a range of roles, from one-off tasks to week-long projects;
- The GLF and YIL would like to specifically encourage women, Indigenous people, rural residents and candidates from other underrepresented groups to apply for this opportunity.
WHY VOLUNTEER AT THE GLF?
Work in a dynamic and fast-paced international organization with partners like the UN, the World Bank and national governments, allowing you to network and build your CV, among other benefits.
There are two categories of volunteers
GLF EVENT VOLUNTEERS
GLF events wouldn’t be possible without our incredible team of volunteers. By volunteering at a GLF event, you’ll get to attend your favorite events online for free and become part of the Youth in Landscapes Initiative network.
Hereis our current event schedule – please bear in mind that it will be updated throughout the year.
- RAPPORTEUR: Capture all of the knowledge and insights shared during conference sessions
- QUOTE & MOMENT CATCHER: If you love inspiring words as much as we do, try your hand at capturing the best quotes at our events.
GLF TEAM VOLUNTEERS
If you’d like to volunteer with us throughout the year, consider joining the GLF teams to hone your skill set.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Are you an aspiring influencer? Our social media team is always looking for people to grab the world’s attention with eye-catching visuals.
- KNOWLEDGE AND LEARNING: If attention to detail is your best quality, our Knowledge and Learning team is always looking for hands and eyes to build the GLF Knowledge Library. You’ll need strong writing skills in English, Spanish or French.
HOW CAN I JOIN?
- Check out the teams and roles available below.
- Fill out the form below to submit your application.
- We’ll be in touch if we’re interested!
- These are unpaid positions, but a certificate will be provided to each of our volunteers to recognize their contribution.
- These positions are fully remote; there will be no traveling involved.
- The GLF will review applications on a regular basis and connect with selected candidates when opportunities arise. Selected candidates can choose to accept or decline the offer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The duration and time commitment of the position can vary case by case depending on the responsibility. GLF event volunteers will generally only be required around the time of specific conferences.
- Your application will remain in the roster until the end of 2023, and we reserve the right to contact you at any point. At the end of the year, your application will be removed, and you will need to re-apply if you wish to be considered for a volunteer role again in 2024.
For more Information: Visit the website for Global Landscape (GLF) 2023 Volunteer Program