Deadline: 11:59 pm, 10th May 2020.
Government of Telangana Fellowship Program 2020 for Young Professionals
Government of Telangana Fellowship program hosted by Telangana State Innovation Cell (TSIC) is a 1-year long (extendable after 1 year) program for young graduates/professionals to foster & promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the State. It’s a great opportunity to work alongside the Telangana Government.
About Telangana State Innovation Cell
Telangana State Innovation Cell has been set up in 2017 with a three-fold mandate:
1. Promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the entire State
2. To promote innovation in Govt. departments and organizations
3. To build a culture of innovation from early on (school stage)
It is led by the Chief Innovation Officer (CIO) of the State of Telangana & CEO of T-Hub Hyderabad, Mr. Ravi Narayan, and supported by a team of innovation fellows.
About the Program
The Innovation Cell Fellowship Program has been conceptualised with a vision to bring in young and energetic professionals with lots of ideas to work on nurturing innovation and entrepreneurship in the State. The fast-paced nature of work necessitates the requirement of people who can bring in fresh ideas, take complete ownership, and work independently to ensure that they are delivered.
During the course of the fellowship, the fellows will develop stakeholder and project management skills and gain first-hand experience working on large-scale issues with the Government. The first 4 weeks of the program will be spent learning about the existing projects of the State Innovation Cell and identifying opportunities, conceptualizing new projects to be undertaken to accomplish the objectives of the State Innovation Cell. The next 11 months will be spent on detailing out and executing the projects.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Full-time Fellow
1. A Fellow will be an integral part of the Innovation Cell, reporting directly to the CIO on strategic engagements and can expect significant interaction with external stakeholders.
2. Work on specific projects by taking complete ownership from conceptualisation to execution.
3. Drive decision making through critical/thorough analysis.
4. Add value to the Innovation Cell by generating innovative ideas, and satisfying results.
1. Anyone who is currently working in an organisation and will not able to work full-time, but still would like to contribute parallelly to the fellowship are eligible to apply.
2. The contribution could be anything in terms of building the ecosystem with your past and current experience.
3. Willing to establish a stakeholder relationship within your network for the Innovation-ecosystem of the State of Telangana.
Compensation: Telangana Fellowship Program 2020
1. The Full-time fellowship is a paid opportunity.
2. The Part-time Fellowship opportunity is volunteer-driven.
3. The fellowship position is based out of Hyderabad, or any other district in Telangana.
Focus Areas of the Innovation Cell
1. Innovation Policy & IPR: Implementation of the Policy and scrutinization of the incentive applications received under the policy and to work on spreading of IPR awareness so as to increase the filing of patents.
2. Community and Startup Ecosystem Building: Enabling startup communities in the state to engage all the players of the ecosystem and build programs that would help in the fostering of the ecosystem.
3. Incubators & Accelerators: Facilitating setting up of more focussed and specialised academic and corporate incubators that will support more startups, innovation challenges and help in the capacity building.
4. District Ecosystem: Working towards building the Innovation Ecosystem in the district through all the stakeholders (Educational Institutions, Rural Innovators, District Administration, SMEs).
5. Rural Innovators: Working with grassroots and rural innovators to apply for various government schemes. Building and enabling innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem beyond Hyderabad.
6. Innovation at School stage: Enabling students to become Innovators by facilitating Bootcamps, Training programs to bring out their creativity and curiosity.
7. Media & Communication: Creating outreach strategies throughout the various communication channels to exemplify various innovators & startups that could lead to inspiration and external involvement to contribute to the State’s ecosystem.
8. Innovation to Entrepreneurship: Working towards scaling the Innovation from idea —–> prototype —–> product —–> Market ready.
* SUITABLE PROFILES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY WITH OUR ECOSYSTEM PARTNER T-HUB, HYDERABAD.
*APPLICANTS SUBMITTING MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE WILL BE REJECTED. REQUEST YOU TO TAKE CONSCIOUS EFFORT IN FILLING RESPONSES.
1. Passion to serve society.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Arts/Commerce/Basic Sciences/Law/ Engineering/Management
3. Minimum 1 year of work experience in any sector.
4. Amicable managerial skills and experience in leading projects/teams at least at the organization/college level.
5. Collaborative mindset and a knack to constantly learn; must be able to work and take decisions independently to drive projects.
6. Last but not the least, a doer-attitude.
1. Last date to apply – 11:59 pm, 10th May 2020.
2. Date of the announcement for selected candidates – May 1st week.
3. Date of Joining (Tentatively) — June
1. Is this a government job?
– No, this is not a government job. It is a paid fellowship for a year (extendable).
2. Is there any age limit to apply for the fellowship?
– Anybody who is a graduate could apply for the fellowship.
3. Is the fellowship restricted to Indian citizens?
– No, the fellowship is not restricted only to Indian citizens.
For more Information: Visit the website for Telangana Fellowship Program 2020