Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders 2024-2025 Award Details
Three scholarships are available for the 2024-25 academic year. Each scholarship will cover:
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00.
Eligibility for funding
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM; and
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the Scholarships Application Form; and
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- hold an offer of admission for 2024-25 for one of LSHTM’s London-based intensive MSc programmes of study
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
How to Apply
The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Monday 04 March 2024.
- Submit an application for 2024-25 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- In your application to study you should select the scholarships you are applying for in the ‘FUNDING DETAILS’ part of the application form. If you do not select the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders on your application, you will not be considered for this funding.
- Attach a Scholarships Application Form to your application to study completed in Step 1. A completed Scholarships Application Form must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only scholarships attachment required (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc as part of their application for study).
- These scholarships are open to applicants for any of the non-distance learning intensive Masters programmes offered by LSHTM (excluding our joint programmes: MSc Global Mental Health; MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing; MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology).
- Applicants are advised to complete Step 1 early to allow time for their GBP 50.00 LSHTM admissions application fee payment to be processed. Until the payment is processed applicants will be unable to submit an application for study.
- We recommend that applicants for this funding complete and submit their application for study at least 2-3 days prior to the scholarships deadline to ensure that there are no Admissions or payment processing delays which could impact on meeting the scholarship deadline.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications include those with missing documents at either Step 1 or 2 above.
- Both the application to study and the scholarship application must be complete by the scholarship deadline as stated on the scholarships advert. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents are submitted via LSHTM’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
- Applicants whose application for study is successful will be asked to pay a deposit within 28 days of the offer of admission being sent. Applicants applying for scholarships at LSHTM must email the Admissions Team to advise that they are awaiting the scholarship outcome (applicants must provide the Admissions team with both the name of the scholarship and the expected decision date in this email. This must be repeated for every application for which the applicant has applied. The Admissions team will then extend the deposit deadline to match the decision deadline of the scholarship funding.
- Applicants who encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the Admissions application portal should contact LSHTM’s IT Services team, providing the full name of the applicant; the scholarship that is being applied for; and the technical issue that has been encountered. Please also attach a screen shot where possible: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any queries about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact the LSHTM Scholarships team: email@example.com
- By applying for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.
- Please note that all applications will only be reviewed and processed after the deadline. All applications that are submitted before the deadline will be considered equally, regardless of submission date.
- Decisions will be reached, and the successful applicants notified, by 24 May 2024.
For more Information: Visit the website for GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders 2024-2025