Higher Education Commission, Pakistan Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs (IPFP) Phase II – Batch IV
Applications are invited for the Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs (IPFP) programme in all areas of study/disciplines under the IPFP Phase-II (Batch-IV). The Higher Education Commission (HEC) launches the IPFP programme to create an opportunity for fresh PhDs to obtain academic experience and mentorship, for one year in Higher Education Institutions (HEls), federal/provincial government postgraduate colleges, prior to their formal entry into the academic job market.
- Pakistani/AJK nationality
- Age at the date of advertisement should not be over 40 years.
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree from any of the HEC-recognized university (Pakistani or foreign) completed within the two years preceding the advertisement.
- Candidate should have published at least two research publications in HEC recognized or indexed journals.
- Only unemployed applicants are eligible. However, those holding irregular or contract positions (or other sub-optimal jobs) in universities or elsewhere may apply, and it selected, will have to resign and submit a clearance certificate from their previous employer.
- NFDP: Eligible candidates will get an opportunity to attend up-to four weeks outstanding training (free of cost) under National Faculty Development Program (NFDP) with a team of highly reputed international and national trainers. However, no stipend will be paid during the training.
- One-Year Placement at Host Institutions: HEC will facilitate in providing opportunity of placement at HEls for a period of one year as an IPFP Fellow by sharing credentials of successful candidates with the public sector HEls.
- Monetary Benefits: HEC will pay a fixed remuneration during placement, currently fixed at PKR 100,000/- per month for a period of 12 months from the date of joining as IPFP Fellows.
- Interested applicants are required to apply online through HEC eportal, i.e., https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ipfp for IPFP Phase-II (Batch-IV) on or before January 16, 2023 till 12.00am.
- Scanned copies of HEC-attested PhD degree, and/or an equivalence certificate issued by the HEC Equivalence Section for foreign PhDs must be uploaded together with the application.
- Deposit slip (cash counter receipt, online or ATM transfer receipt) of Rs.3,000/- (non-refundable) as application processing fee in favour of Director General Finance, HEC in the Account Number 1742-79001334-01 Habib Bank Limited shall also be required to upload at https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ipfp.
- Applicants are required to post the hard copy (printed application form) along with photograph and original fee deposit slip at the address given below. Hard copy must be bounded and flagged properly otherwise will not be entertained.
- Eligible applicants will be required to appear in mandatory pre-assessment test to be held tentatively on Sunday, February 19, 2023.
- Applicants who obtain a minimum score of 50% in the pre-assessment test will attend the mandatory training under NFDP followed by an evaluation test before placement at Higher Education Institutes (HEls).
- Selected candidates shall be required to provide hard copies of all required documents before the training.
- Successful completion of NFDP is mandatory for placement at the Host HEls as ‘IPFP
HEC Pakistan Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs (IPFP) Phase II – Batch IV – IMPORTANT NOTE
In case of any discrepancies found in the record, HEC reserves the right to reject the applicant at any stage.
For further details, please visit https://www.hec.gov.pk
Deadline: 16th January 2023