HESFB Announces Reason for Delay in Loan Scheme List for AY 2022/23
On the 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐘𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐/𝟐𝟑, please take note.
Due to circumstances beyond Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB) control, there will be a delay in the release of the list of successful Students’ Loan Scheme Beneficiaries for the AY2022/23.
While they handle this with utmost urgency, they understand that this has inconvenienced applicants whose Institutions are already open for semester one studies.
They are doing everything possible to access the necessary approvals and will communicate the release date as soon as possible.
The Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) was established in February, 2014 by an Act of Parliament HESFB Act No. 2 of 2014, with a mandate to provide Loans and Scholarships to Ugandan students to pursue Higher Education.
HESFB is intended to provide loans and scholarships to Ugandan students who have qualified to pursue accredited courses of study or programmes in the recognized Higher Education Institutions in Uganda but are unable to support themselves financially. HESFB implements the Students Loan Scheme.
Objectives of Students’ Loan Scheme
- To increase equitable access to Technical and Higher Education.
- To support highly qualified Ugandan students who may not afford Higher Education.
- To ensure regional balance in Higher Education services in Uganda.
- To support courses critical for national development.
- To ensure a sustainable revolving loans fund.