Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) 2023 – HEC Pakistan
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) via Education Testing Council (ETC) will conduct Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) for award of All HEC scholarships and for admission in MS/ MPhil & PHD programs through a uniform, accessible, and transparent selection process.
Who Can Apply for Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) 2023
- The test is being organized for those applicants:
- Who have already applied online for any MS/ MPhil & PhD admission OR HEC scholarships via E-portal for further final selection process.
- Who intend to apply for the scholarship schemes advertised in future including those by HEC sponsored Pakistani Universities.
- Who are interested in securing admission in MS/ MPhil &PhD programs in public and private universities of Pakistan.
Based on Academic Streams?
The test will be conducted in the following five categories based on 16 years/ equivalent education and the students should register accordingly:
Test Category Disciplines Test Breakup English/ Verbal Reasoning Analytical Reasoning Quantitative Reasoning Total
- HAT 1 – Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics 30% 30% 40% 100
- HAT 2 – Management Sciences, Business Education 30% 40% 30% 100
- HAT 3 – Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology (Clinical & Applied) and Law 40% 35% 25% 100
- HAT 4 – Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences, Biological & Medical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Education, Media & Mass Communication 40% 30% 30% 100
- HAT-General Religious Studies (Madrasa Graduates) 40% 30% 30% 100
The applicant must select the correct category while filling in the online form. Test score will be valid for 2 years (for scholarships and admissions in MS/ MPhil & PhD programmes).
Date of Examination
- The test will be held on Sunday May 28, 2023, tentatively. Any change in test date will be communicated through www.hec.gov.pk and https://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Applicants who register through HEC online registration process will be able to download their Roll Number Slip from https://etc.hec.gov.pk and registered Email address a week before the test date.
- Email/SMS will also be sent to registered applicants for test date, time, and venue. While filling out online application forms, candidates are required to provide valid email/mobile numbers on which they wish to receive Roll Number Slips.
- A printout of Roll Number Slip and Original CNIC will be required to enterthe Test Centre on the Test Day.
How to Apply for HAT
For registration, please visit the following link: https://etc.hec.gov.pk.
In case of any query during the online registration, please visit onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk or visit HEC regional offices for guidance.
Application Submission comprises of two steps: profile completion using “My Profile” section and application submission using “Higher Education Aptitude Test” links on the menu panel on the left-hand side bar of online portal.
Only SUBMITTED applications will be considered for (HAT) Test and applications in SAVE or INCOMPLETE mode will not be entertained.
The test fee for Higher Aptitude Test (HAT) is PKR 2000 /- per candidate. Candidates will deposit the fee amount in Habib Bank Limited Account no. 1742 79001334 01. Title of Account: Higher Education Commission.
Download bank Fee Challan while registering for the test at https://etc.hec.gov.pk. (Fee Challan is only available on ETC online registration portal).
All candidates are required to upload the submitted Fee challan, duly stamped by an HBL branch, while completing the application form of ETC online registration portal to submit the application. • The test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Note: Taking a mobile or any calculating, recording, or imaging electronic device inside the test centre as well as uploading or sharing the images of question book is strictly prohibited and an offence liable to be punished as per the ETC rules.
Last date for online registration is MAY 10, 2023