Higher Education Undergraduate Studies Admission Test (USAT)- The Higher Education Commission (HEC) viz Education Testing Council (ETC) will conduct Undergraduate Studies Admission Test (USAT) for admission at the undergraduate level in universities operating all over Pakistan.
USAT is designed on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) pattern and covers all known disciplines of Engineering, Medicine (Allied Health), Information Technology, Management and Social Sciences at the undergraduate entry level.
The students after qualifying respective USAT would stand eligible to all relevant universities like the SAT and also for undergraduate scholarships like: Commonwealth, Hungary and Chinese etc.
Who can Apply for Undergraduate Studies Admission Test (USAT)?
- Students who have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent/Grade 12 education.
- Students who have appeared in the final examination and awaiting results.
Which USAT Versions to Apply for based on Academic Streams?
The USAT test will be conducted in the following six categories based on relevant academic streams, students should register accordingly:
Test Category Stream/Discipline
- USAT- E A Pre-Engineering
- USAT-M Pre-Medical
- USAT – A Art & Humanities
- USAT-CS Computer Science
- USAT – GS General Science
- USAT-COM Commerce
Any score above and equal to 50 will be considered as a qualifying USAT score. The maximum score on USAT would be the perfect score of 100.
Test Breakup/Marks Distribution
The detailed breakup of tests and marks distribution for all the USAT versions is available at: https://www.hec.gov.pk/english/HECAnnouncements/Pages/CW-HEC-USAT.aspx
Proposed Test Schedule
Test is held on a quarterly basis in the major cities of Pakistan to be held simultaneously.
More tests can however be arranged if the need existed. Candidates may register themselves through ETC online registration portal (https://etc.hec.gov.pk/).
Role of Universities
Universities will continue to announce their admission programme independently. Students applying to universities accepting USAT will submit the USAT (category) ETC score card for inclusion in the weightage-based merit determining formula.
How to Apply for (USAT)
- Visit the following link https://etc.hec.gov.pk/ for online registration.
- In case of difficulty during online registration, visit https://onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk/.
- Only SUBMITTED applications will be considered for USAT Test and applications in SAVE or INCOMPLETE mode will not be entertained.
- Test Fee of Rs. 1750/- is to be deposited via 1Link 1Bill Invoice participating Banks/ATM/Internet Banking/Mobile Banking/Easypaisa/JazzCash/Upaisa.
- Once you have selected 1link 1bill Invoice payment service. Open /sign into your mobile app and click on Bill payment or payment services (as per your mobile banking app options).
- Click on 1Bill Invoice payment services and enter the consumer number generated by the ETC portal. Once you see the details, pay the amount.
- After depositing the fee through 1Link 1Bill Invoice, click on Verify Online Payment on ETC Dashboard.
- The test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The candidates must get queries/complaints resolved before the closure of the web registration portal. Queries/complaints handling beyond the registration deadline are denied by the system due to logistics/security reasons.
Note: Taking a mobile or any calculating, recording or imaging electronic device inside the test centre as well as uploading or sharing the images of question book is strictly prohibited and an offence liable to be punished as per the ETC rules.
Last Date for Online Registration: October 17, 2023.
USAT Test will be held on: October 29, 2023 tentatively Contact Us Education Testing Council Higher Education Commission, Helpline 0051-90408184 fHECPakistan 2002 Sector H-9, Islamabad Link https://etc.hec.gov.pk Education Testing Council 33×4 hecpkofficial hec_pk @HEC Pakistan