Deadline: 16th January 2021
Hungarian Government 2021/2022 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme for study in Hungary (Fully Funded)
The Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship programme was established by the Hungarian Government to promote the internationalisation of the Hungarian higher education and to attract top foreign students from all around the world who can establish personal and professional attachments to Hungary while enjoying high quality education in the heart of Europe.
While studying in Hungary, the students will also enjoy affordable living costs with great benefit-cost ratio, a safe and friendly living environment with convenient public transport, a vibrant cultural life, and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites. When the graduates return to their home countries with marketable skills and knowledge, they can build civil, political and economic relationships, contributing to Hungary’s image and recognition abroad.
Founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013, the programme is supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and managed by the Tempus Public Foundation.
It is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and the governments of the sending countries, and is already available on five continents in approximately 70 countries, attracting more than 5000 international students each year. Applicants are offered more than 500 full degree programmes, covering all higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral programmes.
The number of both Stipendium Hungaricum applicants and awardees is continuously increasing, as well as the number of available scholarship places. In 2020, more than 35 0000 applications were received and more than 5000 scholarships were awarded, showing that since its launch, the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship has become a programme of excellence.
Hungarian Government 2021/2022 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme for study in Hungary Eligibility
Eligible Sending Partners
The Stipendium Hungaricum Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade or its legal predecessor as regards the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme, the Ministry of Human Capacities, and the partner’s Ministry responsible for higher education.
Applications will be considered eligible only if the applicant is nominated by the responsible authorities of the Sending Partner.
For full time programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, , Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Federative Republic of Brazil, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kingdom of Thailand, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, , Malaysia,
Mongolia, Montenegro, Oriental Republic of the Uruguay, Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru), State of Palestine, Panama, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of Chile, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Costa Rica, Republic of Cuba, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Namibia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Rwanda, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Singapore, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Sudan, Republic of the
Philippines, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Tajikistan, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Uganda, Republic of Uzbekistan, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Eritrea, State of Israel, State of Kuwait, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Mexican States, United Republic of Tanzania.
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship
- exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 43,700 (cca EUR 120) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 100,000 (cca EUR 275) a year/person
Hungarian Government 2021/2022 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Timeline
- 16 January 2021 submitting application: to TPF and to Sending Partner
- 28 February 2021 First selection point: technical check and nomination process
- middle of March – end of May 2021 Second selection point: institutional admission procedure
- middle/end of June 2021 notification about selection results
- June-July 2021 visa application process
- until 30 September 2021 arrival in Hungary
Call for Application
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Hungarian Government Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme 2021/2022