ICT Authority Presidential Digital Talent Internship Programme Cohort VIII 2023/2024
ICT Authority Presidential Digital Talent Internship Programme Cohort VIII 2023/2024. The ICT Authority invites suitable recent university graduates to apply for the Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP) Cohort VIII Intake.
Through this transformative initiative, the Government is looking for young tal- ented Kenyans with passion for ICT and Public Service to undergo a structured 12-month internship programme in both the public and private sector.
Internship Objective: The objective of the program is to develop and prepare young ICT graduates to take up employment and entrepreneurship opportunities that come up in the ICT as well as other sectors.
The program provides participants an excellent opportunity to gain workplace experience, expand knowledge, mentorship and build professional networks in the areas of: Network & Digital Infrastructure (150), Software Development & AI (100), Information Security (50), Multimedia (Graphic Design) & Digital Marketing (50), and Data Analytics (50).
- Applicants MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years (from Jan 2021).
If waiting graduation (till Dec 2023), MUST provide a recommendation/reference letter signed & stamped by the university indicating First or Upper Second-Class Honors to be awarded.
- Recent graduates in BSc. ICT or Engineering (Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunication, Software) – The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Network & Digital Infra- structure, Software Development & Al, Information Security, Multimedia (Graphic Design) & Digital Marketing, and Data Analytics. The Applicant may be required to demonstrate technical competen- des on their core of specialization prior to the interview.
- MUST be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 29 years of age and unemployed
- Should NOT have undertaken any other Internship program in the government.
- Applicants should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties on full time basis from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Females, persons with disability and graduates from ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
Digitalent Programme Objectives
- To deliver a combination of structured training, coaching and mentoring
- To develop a pipeline of future talent for government with a passion for ethical and accountable public service delivery
- To train interns over a revolving 12-month period
- Tocreate an ICT culture transformation that treatsICT as business in order to promote government service delivery objectives.
ICT Authority Presidential Digital Talent Internship Programme Cohort VIII 2023/2024 – Applications Procedure
- Interested applicants MUST complete the online application form via: https://digitalent.go.ke/ and attach relevant documents as indicated in the form
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend the interviews.
For further enquiries please contact: [email protected]