IMF Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) 2023 Now Open
The IMF Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) provides an opportunity for young leaders between 20 and 35 years of age from across the world to become part of our global effort to build forward better and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to global economic challenges.
The IMF YFP is a competitive capacity building program that has attracted more than 9,000 applicants since its launch in August 2020. This year, the IMF is sponsoring selected participants to experience the World Bank-IMF Annual Meetings in Marrakech, Morocco.
- IMF YFP is looking for youth fellows who want to contribute to the IMF’s efforts to build more resilient and inclusive growth for all, particularly for young people. As part of the program, the selected youth fellows will attend in-person workshops led by IMF management, senior IMF staff, and external experts. They will also have access to Annual Meetings seminars and events in Marrakech. The IMF will cover travel and related expenses.
- Selected candidates will have opportunities to meet scholars, activists, leaders, and experts while creating lasting connections with other youth fellows from around the world.
- Selected candidates will become part of the IMF Youth Network to connect with previous IMF Youth Fellows and stay informed of future opportunities, events, and publications.
If you want to create more inclusive growth for youth and share your voice with peers from around the world, apply to the IMF YFP!
A successful applicant should
- Be between the ages of 20 and 35 years as of October 15, 2023
- Have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization
- Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up
- Content creation/influencer and/or contributing to independent platforms
- Have knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics, and development issues, particularly on inclusive economic growth, the digital economy, or climate change
- Have graduated from or currently be a student in the field of international relations and development, communications, economics, or related fields
- Demonstrate good public speaking and presentation skills
- Be a citizen of an IMF member country
- Have no current affiliation with government institutions
- Not have previously been a fellow of the YFP.
|Date (in 2023)
|IMF YFP application period opens
|IMF YFP application period closes
|Selected participants informed
|Week of October 9th
|Selected participants attend the IMF YFP and IMF Annual Meetings in Marrakech, Morocco.
*Applications can be submitted in Arabic, English or French.
For more Information: Visit the website for IMF Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) 2023