Deadline: November 4, 2019
Are you a current or past participant of an IIE-managed program? Share with us your best photos along with an impact story! We are seeking photos that show how international exchange connects people and changes lives, careers, and communities around the world for the better. Three winners will receive gift cards worth $300, $200, and $100, respectively.
IIE want a well-rounded group of photos with stories that represent the diverse, international scope of our work. We are seeking photo submissions from people from various locations, backgrounds, and academic or professional fields. Please note that we are not accepting video submissions. Photos and text submitted via this contest may be used (as submitted or as edited by IIE at our sole discretion) in our printed/digital publications and social media. Note: By entering this contest, you are giving IIE full consent to use your material.
The winner will receive a gift card worth $300 (USD)! Second runner up will win a gift card worth $200, and third runner up will win a gift card of $100. Email notifications will go out to winners and runners up by November 22, 2019 (date subject to change).
How to enter:
All submissions are to be made through Media Port (see below). Only one submission per person will be accepted.
Not sure if the program that you participated in qualifies?
See if your program is managed by IIE through our Program Finder. Submissions must be from a current IIE grantee or former participant of an IIE-managed program who completed the program in good standing. Any submission from a person who does not meet the criteria will be disqualified.
What do I need to submit?
All submissions must include both a visual and a short-written component.
- Photo: We encourage you to be creative in representing your story visually. Find a high-quality photo that best illustrates your impact story.
- Photo should be the highest resolution and best quality possible
- Preferably 1600 x 1200 pixels, but not required
- Third party copyrighted materials are not accepted
- Written Description: Your photo submission must be paired with a 250 – 500-word written story on the impact of that experience on your life, work and/or community. Each written submission must communicate:
- Your name
- The name of your IIE-managed program or opportunity
- When you participated in your program
- The impact of that experience on you personally, professionally, and/or academically
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the 2019 IIE Photo & Impact Story Contest