Announced during World Space Week, this intensive programme is mission one of a three mission space programme that culminates in students designing, building and launching experiments into space!
MaxIQ Space selects thirty participants from the hundreds of applications received. These participants all receive an Intelsat MaxIQ kit at their home, and join live virtual workshops and Q&A sessions with subject matter experts. By learning, linking Space, STEM and Sustainability, the youngsters perform experiments and complete assignments, culminating in payload and satellite concept design.
Intelsat supports the participants of all the programs since conception in 2020 with an Alumni group. Each year, those who successfully complete mission 1 are invited to join the Alumni. Only Alumni members are invited to participate in further Intelsat-funded missions.
- October 2023 – announcement of 2024 program launch
- Applications close end December 2023
- Program commences in February 2024
For those who are selected – Getting Started:
- MaxIQ Kit – Once you have received your kit, you’ll find all the information you need at this link.
- Canvas – You will receive an email invitation to Canvas, please create yourself an account and accept this course invitation. The whole program is delivered using Canvas, please make sure you have this ready for the first session.
- Zoom – All workshops are held using Zoom. Please make sure you have access to Zoom and a web connection so that you can participate.
Apply here and welcome on board!
For more Information: Visit the website for Intelsat MaxIQ Space STEM Programme