Deadline: 14th November 2022
International Justice Mission-Ghana (IJM) Young Journalists Fellowship Program 2022 – Cohort 2
Fellows will participate in all five components of the program as explained below:
- Training Institute: Fellows will attend a day learning, training and bonding session with IJM Ghana and media practitioners.
- Justice Lounge: Fellows will participate in monthly virtual coaching sessions to receive the support to effectively embark on media campaigns for humanity.
- The Quarterly Just News: Fellows will carry out press releases on Human Trafficking every quarter.
- Action Projects: Fellows are expected to develop, plan and implement their individual action media projects for humanity.
- Learning and sharing impact: At the end of the program, fellows will share and celebrate their success stories with the greater IJM community and stakeholders.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Be 21–35 years old.
- Be an early-level career journalist or media professional.
- Hold a diploma or bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational background.
- Be currently employed by a registered media organization and must be committed to work in the same organization for the period they participate in the fellowship.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants from known source and destination communities of Human Trafficking
Terms and Conditions:
- Must have access to internet and commit to participate in all program activities starting with Justice Institute in November 2022.
- Must have the support of the employer/supervisor and organization before completing the application. Applicant will need to submit details of a reference for an Employer/Supervisor Endorsement to be sent. The reference person will be contacted to complete a form that indicates employer’s/supervisor’s endorsement for applicant to participate in the program.
- Submit a proposal of a media campaign project on anti-human trafficking to be implemented during the fellowship year. An initial proposal must be submitted as part of the application.
Only qualified applicants will be notified to accept or decline the fellowship.