International Young Farmers Exchange Program (IYFEP) 2022 for Young farmers in Uganda
The Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda (UNYFA) in partnership with the Schorlermer Foundation of the German Farmers’ Association (DBV) invite young farmers to apply for International Young Farmers Exchange Program-IYFEP August Cohort 2022.
This apprenticeship is for all young farmers in Uganda who would want to have hands-on practical experience, exposure, and understanding of Global Farms and Food Systems, especially in Germany. Practical Ugandan young farmers /agriculture scholars will be selected to participate in this program and German young Farmers will also come and be hosted on the Ugandan farms for exposure inline of Ugandan culture and tropical agriculture. The qualifying Ugandan participants will have an all-expenses-paid 3 months stay in German by Schorlemer Foundation with special support from the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Apprenticeship period: August – October 2022
Applications open: 1st March 2022
Applications close: 31st March 2022
- A Ugandan Citizen
- Aged 20-35 years
- Must be a practicing farmer or a scholar of agriculture or running an agribusiness venture
- Must possess a valid New Ugandan passport (East African Passport)
- Pay an application fee of 250,000/- payable to the Organization bank account show below: –
- Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda Multipurpose Account- 07187690015, Bank of Africa, Kampala Road Branch. Please note that the application fee is part of the application process and is non-refundable.
- You must have been fully vaccinated at least with 2 doses and possess a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
- Independently fill the form.
- Use personal details (e- mail address, phone number because these will be used in notifying you).
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- To complete the application; all the 9 attachments should be submitted in PDF.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Individuals will be selected basing on:
- Viability of the family farms,
- The internship program selection process is highly competitive. Applicants are encouraged to submit thorough applications that illustrate their qualifications, characters and practical commitment to agriculture.
- Selection is based on the following criteria;
- Practical commitment to agriculture
- Demonstrated leadership in the community
- Must be willing to return to Uganda after 3 months internship period in Germany