Application Deadline: May 16th 2021
The Goethe-Institut South Africais looking for an intern to work with us in the Cav’ Creative Economies Project – in particular to develop content for the Cav’ Platform Microsite and with PR-related tasks. This position is for 16 hours per week (2 days), from 01 June 2021 – 31 December 2021.
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany’s cultural, social and political life.
Also Apply For: Absa GenA Global Markets 2022 Programme for Young South African Graduates.
Cav’ Creative Economies is a Goethe-Institut initiative that comprises the two projects Cav’ Platform and Cav’ Township. The programme aims to contribute to the culture and creative industries in South Africa, through enabling creative organisations and small businesses towards income generation.
This internship consists of the following tasks:
- Assisting in the running of the Cav’ Platform microsite and public relations
- Researching relevant content for the microsite
- Text summarising of content for the microsite
- Photo sourcing and editing to accompany content
- Copy writing and editing
- Assisting with logistics relating to project related PR and events
- Performing other (admin) duties as needed
Also Apply For:
2021 Goethe-Institut South Africa Requirements:
- Good understanding of the culture and creative industries
- Experience in copywriting and graphic design
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Web Programming will be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate in German is an advantage
- Non-South African applicants need to have a valid work permit for South Africa
2021 Goethe-Institut South Africa HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV, motivation letter and references via email to [email protected] by 16 May 2021, with the wording ‘Creative Economies Internship’ in the e-mail subject line.
For further questions, please contact Nadine Siegert, Culture and Development Department, Goethe-Institut Johannesburg via e-mail to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard back from us by 31 May 2021 please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The remuneration is based on the remuneration scheme for local interns of the Goethe-Institut South Africa.
For More Information:Visit the Official Webpage of the Goethe-Institut South Africa Website Content and PR Internship