Deadline: 21 June 2020 at 23:50 (GMT+3, ISTANBUL TIME)
The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) proudly announces its flagship programme “Online Media Training” to equip young people by developing contents-stories in a powerful way for being the voice of their communities.
ICYF Online Media Training Objectives
- Empowering youth participation in media;
- Identifying the possible media work directions and strategies reflecting participants’ social realities;
- Enhancing young journalists to understand and evaluate the reliability of journalistic craft (e.g. non-biased reporting, usage of proper sources);
- Promoting youth media participation in diverse communities.
ICYF Online Media Training PROGRAMME ELEMENTS
- Media – Digital Literacy
- Power of Social Media
- Digital Campaigns
- Youth and Media Culture
- Journalism in Crisis Management
- Effective Social Media Content Introduction and Presentation
- Secrets of Photography and Video Montage
- Content Creation for Digital Media
- Journalistic Article Writing
- Drone Filming
- How Newsroom Operates
- Arts and Culture representation in Media
- Introduction to Data Journalism
- Digital Visual Storytelling
TRAINING FORMAT AND TIMELINE
- The training programme will be combination of theoretical and interactive sessions via zoom.
- Timeline: 13 – 30 July 2020
***The online platform and its technical information pack will be shared only with the selected participants.
- Full attended participants will be awarded with a verified certificate issued by ICYF and programme partners.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Citizen of an OIC Member State or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State
- Ability to communicate in English
- Aged between 18–35
- Strong Media background (study, work experience or interest)
- Involved in/or have coordinated media related project
- Commitment to attend the full course of the Online Media Training
Selection Committee will evaluate the applications based on eligibility and criteria if the committee decides for further information can set online interview as the last stage of selection.
Selected participants will receive an email confirmation containing online program details. Due to a tight schedule, there will be not an opportunity to inform those who are not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted at ICYF website and social media accounts.
Important Note: Only selected participants will be informed.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 21 June 2020 at 23:50 (GMT+3, ISTANBUL TIME)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 26 June 2020
For more questions
Email: [email protected]