Deadline: 13th February 2023
Islamic Scholarship Fund (ISF) Congressional Fellowship Program 2023-2024
The Islamic Scholarship Fund (ISF) Congressional Fellowship Program is a 9-month, full-time program that provides fellows with an opportunity to work in Washington D.C. on legislative and public policy issues at Congressional offices.
The ISF Congressional Policy Fellowship is a highly selective, nonpartisan program devoted to promoting and encouraging diversity and inclusion on Capitol Hill. Through a 9 month fellowship, fellows will gain real-world experience working on legislative and public policy issues.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Fellows of this program will not only have access to Congressional members and staff within the halls of power, they will have the opportunity to work as a full-time staffer for 9 months conducting tasks such as policy research, meeting with special interest groups, drafting bills/speeches, and preparing the member for hearings, etc.
Upon arrival in D.C., participants will attend a one-day preparatory orientation. Typically fellows will work 40-45 hours a week and will be expected to participate in all ISF-sponsored activities including professional development events. As participants will be representing ISF, they should work to meet ISF’s work performance and ethics.
Applications are evaluated based on evidence of leadership potential and professional skills to succeed in a public service position.
- Graduated with an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university;
- A U.S. citizen, permanent resident of the United States or a DACA recipient
- Minimum of one year of full-time professional experience in the field of policy.
- Applicants should have a proven commitment to policy-making and public service.
- Application form
- Cover Letter
- Video introduction
- Essay Questions
- College transcripts
- Policy interests
- Two letters of recommendation
- Salary of $30,000 for housing and other expenses for the 9-month fellowship.
- Roundtrip Airfare to D.C.
- Health insurance reimbursement up to $200 a month
- Placement in a congressional office
- One-day Hill orientation
- Professional leadership and policy enrichment workshops throughout the program
- Networking opportunities
- Mentorship throughout the program and access to our online mentorship platform
- Support with job placement after program