Deadline: January 15th 2022
Kenya National Youth Service (NYS) Volunteer Recruitment 2022
The Kenya National Youth Service (NYS) wishes to announce to the general public that there will be a recruitment exercise of NYS Volunteers (male and female) throughout the Republic from Monday 10th to Saturday to 15th January, 2022.
The National Youth Service is a voluntary work and educational programme for young Kenya citizens. About 30,000 youth are recruited annually and trained in various skills (paramilitary, engineering, fashion and design, business management, catering, agriculture, secretarial, plant operation, construction, driving) and, prepared for other national matters such as service in the armed forces, national reconstruction and disaster response.
Requirements and Dates Schedule
All prospective candidates wishing to be enlisted must meet the following conditions:
- Be a Kenyan citizen and a resident of the respective Sub County of recruitment
- The recruitment age is from 18 to 24 years
- Have a mean Grade of D plain and above in KCSE
- Produce Original National Identity Card. Academic Certificates (and avail one set of photocopies of the same at the recruitment center).
- Must have certificate of Good Conduct.
- Must be ready to undergo medical check-up during and after the recruitment exercise.
- Be prepared to undergo rigorous physical training.
- Be prepared to give voluntary service to the Nation in any part of the Republic of Kenya.
- Successful candidates will report for the NYS paramilitary training Course at NYS College. Gilgil and NYSTTI Naivasha on dates and times specified in the respective calling letters to be issued.
N/B Orphans who meet the qualification requirements as stated above will be given special preference subject to production of sufficient documentary proof such as parents ‘ death Certificates or burial permits. ‘ Persons living with disability are also encouraged to avail themselves for the recruitment exercise in their respective sub counties and centers provided they are able to withstand , the rigorous physical training.
NYS does not condone corruption in any form. Canvassing and giving monetary or other consideration for the purpose of admission is an offence which can lead to disqualification.
How to Apply for the Kenya National Youth Service (NYS) Volunteer Recruitment 2022
Application for the NYS Service men/women Volunteer 2022 can be done on the National Youth Service Kenya website http://www.nys.go.ke/