Kruger National Park Vacancies for Gardening General Workers x3010 August 2023
Kruger National Park
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the 15 fixed term contract positions in the Marula Regional Camps in Kruger National Park. Reporting to the Camp Supervisor.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualifications Kruger National Park
Attention: Ms Ntwanano Mashaba
Private Bag X402
Tel: 013 735 4261
Or hand delivery to the Human Capital Management Offices in Skukuza or the nearest gate i.e., Pafuri Gate, Punda Maria Gate, Phalaborwa Gate, Orpen Gate, Kruger Gate, Phabeni Gate, Numbi Gate. Malelane Gate and Crocodile Bridge Gate.
Applicants in possession of foreign qualifications to submit evaluated results by the South African Qualifications Authority.
If you have not been contacted within 14 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
- Grade 12
- Competency certificate in an operating chainsaw or brush cutter will be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in landscaping and/or garden maintenance.
- Good understanding of the needs of a variety of plants, including trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Understand waste management and recycling principles.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety
- Good knowledge of tools, handling, and aftercare.
- Ability to work across teams.
- Performing semi-skilled tasks that will include cleaning the camp accommodation and public areas.
- Ensure that the general appearance of the camps, Day visitors area, and other public
areas are in a clean and well-maintained state.
- Mow lawns, water plants, trees, and grass, Keeping the ground clean and litter free.
- Clean and maintain the swimming pool and surrounding areas
- Ensure the proper pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs to maintain a pleasant
Appearance and plant health
- Clean the outside corridors and areas, parking, and pathways of the camp
- Assist with waste management and separation for recycling
- Conduct inventory supplies of tools, equipment, or materials
- Ensure that sufficient supplies are available, and items are clean and in a usable condition
- Identify diseases or pests affecting landscaping and order appropriate treatments
- Direct or perform mixing or application of fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides, or fungicides
- Ensure that only plants indigenous to the area are planted in the camp gardens and
remove alien plants.