KwaZulu Natal Film Commission 2024 Bursary Application- The KZN Film Commission is inviting students to apply for Bursaries that will be awarded for the 2024 Academic Year.
KWAZULU-NATAL FILM COMMISSION SOUTH AFRICA 2024 BURSARY OPPORTUNITY
KZMFilm is inviting students to apply for Bursaries that will be awarded for the 2024 academic year. Bursaries will be considered for study towards Film and Television Production and Animation related studies at a recognized KwaZulu-Natal tertiary institution.
Preference given to:
- Previously Disadvantaged Individuals.
- People Living with Disabilities.
- Applicants who study TV/Film Production and Animation (Qualifications for actors are not supported).
- Post-Graduate for Animations ONLY.
How To Apply for KZN Film Commission 2024 Bursary
Interested students may download the KZN Film bursary application form Here. Completed application forms must be directed to: [email protected]
For your application to be processed, please ensure that you complete all sections of the application form and attach all supporting documents. Only applications for Film (UNDERGRADUATE) and Animation (UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE) Related Studies at KwaZulu-Natal Tertiary Institutions will be considered.
Closing date: 27 October 2023
For more information visit our website on www.kznfilm.co.za
ABOUT KZN FILM COMMISSION
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission was established in accordance with a provincial Act passed in 2010. The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is set to begin fulfilling its mandate to make the province a film production centre. In 2014/2015, the KZNFC developed systems and policies to support and attract national and international role players in the film industry.
The KZNFC derives its mandate from the KZN Film Act No. 3 of 2010, which established the KZNFC and has as part of its objectives:
- To promote and market the province as a global destination for film production
- To develop, promote and market, locally and internationally, the film industry in the province
- To facilitate investment in the film industry in the province
- To provide and encourage the provision of opportunities for persons, especially from disadvantaged communities, to enter and participate in the film industry in the province
- To address historical imbalances in the infrastructure and in the distribution of skills and resources in the film industry in the province
- To contribute to an enabling environment for job creation in the film industry in the province