KYEOP Grants Orientation Update for cycle 8D (Week 2)
SMS communication has been sent to those invited.
From 8th to 11th August 2023, orientation will be conducted in:
- Kiambu- Thika YMCA- near NTSA
- Kisumu- Mama Grace Onyango Social Centre
- Migori- Kisii University, Migori Campus.
- Machakos- Machakos KIE
- Kisii- Agricultural Training Centre (ATC)
- Turkana- Kenya Forest Research Institute – KEFRI LODWAR
- Kwale-Ziwani vocational training centre
- Mandera- Mandera Youth Polytechnic & Elwak Social Hall
- Mombasa- Bishop Hannington Institute of Theology and Development Studies(Next to Buxton Stage)
Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP) is a transformational project that aims to empower and uplift the well-being of the youth in Kenya by equipping them with essential training, internship and business grant opportunities. The development objective of KYEOP is to increase employment and earning opportunities among targeted young people across Kenya. The project aims to reach over 280,000 youth during the project period in urban and rural areas in the following 17 implementing counties; Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Kwale, Kitui, Migori, Turkana, Kiambu, Kakamega, Kilifi, Nyandarua, Mandera, Machakos, Kisii, Bungoma and Wajir.
The main beneficiaries of the project are youth between 18-29 years of age (with some component extending up to 35 years) who are jobless and have experienced extended spells of unemployment or who are currently working in vulnerable jobs. The level of education of targeted beneficiaries will be up to Form 4.
The project has 4 components that are being implemented by different Government Agencies as follows:
- Component 1: Improving youth employability, implemented by MIIYA and the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA)
- Component 2: Support for job Creation, implemented by the Micro and Small Enterprises Authority (MSEA)
- Component 3: Improving Labour Market Information, implemented by the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection
- Component 4: Strengthening Youth Policy Development and project management, implemented by the State Department for Youth, in the Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs (MIIYA).
or more Information, Visit www.msea.go.ke