Land & Facilities Maintenance Programme 2023 vacancies for Unemployed Gauteng Residents
The Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) of THE DEPARTMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT (DID) is currently accepting applications from 1000 unemployed Youths and adults between the ages of 18 and 55 to join the vacant land and facilities maintenance program.
Minimum Entry Requirements
12 Month Period
- Ability to read and write and basic communication skills
- Ability/willingness to utilise diverse types of hand tools
- Ability to work independently with little supervision on vacant land. No experience is required.
- Exposure in working on vacant land sites will be an added advantage.
- Should be available for the duration of the programme and prepared to sign a fixed contract which is not renewable
- Should reside in the ward and closer to the project site
- Should have no criminal record
Awareness and comprehension of the fundamental legal framework governing the waste and environmental sectors. basic knowledge of OHS safety procedures when operating on undeveloped terrain. a fundamental knowledge of Batho Pele’s principles
Skills: Good verbal and written communication.
Attributes: Job knowledge. Teamwork. Interpersonal relations. Flexibility.
A regular cycle of maintenance of sites- i.e. clearance must be done on an on-going basis throughout the year so as to ensure that the site is always cleared and maintained adequately; clearing of debris, shrubs, papers, bottles & any other waste material, clearing of all unwanted materials on sites, cutting of grass and tree felling, loading and offloading of waste at landfill sites
NB: Participants who have previously participated V in any EPWP programme across Government in the past five years will not be considered.
ONLY participants residing within the following wards will be considered:
- Central Corridor (City of Johannesburg) : Ward 63, Ward 110, Ward 106, Ward 54, Ward 23, Ward07, Ward 100, Ward 01, Ward 45
- Northern Corridor (City of Tshwane): Ward 87, Ward 60, Ward 47, Ward 49, Ward 84, Ward 83, Ward 41, Ward 103, Ward 193, Ward 20, Ward 64
- Eastern Corridor (City of Ekurhuleni): Ward 45, Ward 24, Ward 17, Ward 97, Ward 91, Ward 95
- Southern Corridor (Sedibeng, Emfuleni & Midvaal Districts) : Ward 01, Ward 44, Ward 45
- Western Corridor (Merafong & Rand West Districts) : Ward 15, Ward 05, Ward 17, Ward 21, Ward 22
Documents to Submit
NB: The following documents should be accompanied by the new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the Internet www.dpsa.gov.za/documents,
- REF NO: VLFMP_2023/24
- Proof of Bank Account in your name
- Printed CV
- Personal Tax Certificate
- Certified ID Copy (not older than 3 months)
Signed Proof of Address (from your Ward Councilor) Applications must be hand delivered to the closest Department of Infrastructure Development office:
City of Johannesburg
11 Diagonal St Marshall Town Johannesburg
City of Tshwane
Corner 51 Bloed Street & Sophie DE bruin Pretoria
City of Ekurhuleni
72 Main Ave Springs Central
City of West Rand
72 Whitehall Street Hurst hill Brixton
Al Bleskbok Leeuhoof Vereeniging
Applications Open, 13th July 2023 and Closing, 31st July 2023) Closing Time: 16HOOpm Enquiries: Mr Sabata Banda (076) 946 6000
EXPANDED PUBLIC WORKS PROGRAMME