Latest News on NSFAS Today 20th November
In todays latest NSFAS News – The NSFAS application period for the academic year 2024 is almost upon us. Why are applications for this year opening later than usual?
In just a few days, on November 21, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will open for applications for 2024. Applications for the NSFAS for the upcoming academic year typically open in August or September.
Why then were the applications for this year so late? Blade Nzimande, the Minister of the Department of Higher Education, clarified:
We opened in November in order to give beneficiaries faster turnaround times for decisions that are in line with our evaluation of their financial eligibility, which calls for current SARS data.
To ensure that the required and current information was available during the application season, NSFAS waited for SARS to finish their tax period. This calculated timing supports the organization’s goal of simplifying decision-making procedures while enabling the smooth processing of an NSFAS online application.
In preparation for the applications, students are encouraged to compile the following documents:
- Certified copy of ID or birth certificate (not older than 3 months).
- Signed consent form
- If you are a dependent provide your parents or guardians’:
- Certified copy of ID (not older than 3 months).
- Proof of income (payslip or appointment letter).
- If you are self-sufficient, please provide proof of income (payslip or appointment letter).
- If you have a disability, please provide signed Annexure A.
- If you are an orphan, please provide a signed Declaration Form.
- Other documents required if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter/ UIF documentation
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce decree.
This is the latest News about NSFAS Today…………………