LifeCheq Graduate Tax Internship Program for South Africans
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or a student in their final year of study to gain invaluable work experience within the financial services industry.
This is a 3-month contract role with LifeCheq – an innovative fast-growing consultancy firm that works with professionals, entrepreneurs and business owners, and with offices in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Although the position is initially on a 3-month contract basis, there exists an opportunity (if you succeed in the role) that this can be extended for a longer period and potentially lead to you joining the LifeCheq family permanently.
You will need to be able to start immediately at our Cape Town CBD office.
The role is fully remote and all equipment would be provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R7,500.00 – R12,000.00 per month
Main duties and responsibilities: LifeCheq Graduate Tax Internship Program for South Africans
- Working closely with the tax practitioner and other members of the team to assist in the filing of the client’s annual and provisional tax returns
- Responding to client emails within the agreed timeframe and assisting with general queries
- Checking supporting tax documents and following up on outstanding documents
- Give confirmation that a return has been completed and send supporting documents to clients
- Keeping track of clients’ progress during tax season and flagging clients who fall outside of SLA
- Using Trello and other in-house systems to update client progress
- Maintaining bulk communication lists
- Being available to work longer hours when required (in season)
We Are Looking For Someone Who:
- Is an undergraduate or recent graduate (Completed or final year in a Commerce, Tax, Accounting or related discipline)
- Strong navigation towards client-service excellence
- High level of accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving capability
- Analytical/ logical thinker
- Task and deadline-driven
- Takes ownership of tasks
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Team player
- Pro-active attitude
If you don’t, your application will not be picked up