The Limpopo Department of Agriculture and Rural Development encourages unemployed recent graduates to apply for placement on farms or businesses to foster entrepreneurship over a two-year period, from 2023/2024 to 2025/2026.
Position: Placement of Unemployed Graduates 2023/2024 – 2025/2026
Stipend: R7 250.00 per month
Location: Limpopo Province, South Africa
The Limpopo Department of Agriculture and Rural Development present one hundred and thirty-five (135) opportunities for Unemployed Graduates with a minimum educational qualification of a three year Diploma in Agricultural related fields (NQF level 6) in Animal/Crop Production/Plant Production/Horticulture/General Farm Management. Applicants are required to register with the professional council/body such as the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP)
- Priority will be given to Limpopo based unemployed graduates in possession of a recognized agricultural qualification with a minimum level of a Diploma in Agriculture related fields.
- Applicants much be entering internship/developmental programme in Government for the first time.
Applicants applying for this programme who have already participated in an internship/development programme in Government will be automatically disqualified.
-Unemployed graduates from Colleges of Agriculture and those with Diplomas in Agriculture will be given first preference priority.
- Only South African unemployed graduates with the above-mentioned qualifications will be considered.
- Targeted beneficiaries should be unemployed graduates with no relevant experience and persons with disabilities. Private studies will not be permitted during the two-year participation in the programme.
- Applicants must must demonstrate an interest and potential to become farmers.
- Technical assessment will be conducted during selection.
- Readiness to work anywhere in the province as may be deployed by the department.
- Successful applicants will be offered a twenty-four (24) months comprehensive contract for structured on the job training within the identified farming entities to gain practical work experience and a better understanding to start an agri-business.
- This will provide graduates an opportunity to become farmers in future.
- Identified farming entities will also sign performance agreement with placed graduates.
- Farm management, scouting, disease control, dipping, dosing, identification of livestock, spraying, record keeping.
- Packaging of agricultural produce.
- Loading and offloading of agricultural produce.
- Identification of new markets for agricultural produce.
- Supervision of workers.
- Development of farm plants and production plants etc.
Duties will be more of farm related work including unskilled labour farm activities.
How To Apply for Limpopo Department of Agriculture Placement Of Unemployed Graduates 2023
Applicants must quote the relevant reference number on the application and forward to the below addresses:
Mopani District: The Director: Mopani District Limpopo Agriculture and Rural Development, Private Bag X577, Giyani 0826 or hand delivered to: Old Parliamentary Building, Giyani 0826
Waterberg District: The Director: Waterberg District Limpopo Agriculture and Rural Development, Private Bag X1048, Modimolle 0510 or hand delivered to: NTK Building, Modimolle 0510
Capricorn District: The Director Capricorn District, Limpopo Agriculture and Rural Development, Private Bag X28, Chuenespoort 0745 or hand delivered to: Block 28 Next to Traffic Government Offices
Sekhukhune District: The Director: Limpopo Agriculture and Rural Development: Private Bag X01, Chuenespoort 0745 or hand delivered to: Block 27 Next to Traffic Government Offices
Vhembe District: The Director: Limpopo Agriculture and Rural Development: Private Bag X2247, Sibasa 0970 or Physical Address: Handed in at Makwarela Government Offices
Closing date: 20 October 2023 @ 16h00
Women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.