List of Scholarship Opportunities for African Students – 17 Outsanding scholarships for african students – Here are Top 17 Excellence Scholarships for Outstanding African Students .. Although not all, most scholarship programs are merit-based meaning scholars are chosen
1. The Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024/2025 at Columbia University (Fully Funded leadership development program in New York City, USA)
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University, a part of Columbia World Projects and Columbia Global, launched the application for its seventh cohort today, inviting rising leaders from around the world to apply to participate in a nine-month immersive program of academic, skill-based and experiential learning.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University brings together emerging leaders from around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries and regions. Visit HERE for more Details
2. Mastercard Foundation On-campus Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh 2023/2024 (Fully Funded)
3. University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2023/2024 Online Learning Scholarships (Fully Funded)
4. DAAD In-Country/ In-Region Scholarship Programmes 2024/2025 Southern Africa for postgraduate studies (Fully Funded)
5. DAAD In-Country/ In-Region Scholarship Programmes 2024/2025 Western Africa for postgraduate studies (Fully Funded)
The In-Country/In-Region Programme for Sub-Saharan Africa aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa. Visit HERE for more Details
6. Echidna Global Scholars Program 2024 at Brookings Institution, Washington D.C USA ($22,500 USD Stipend & Fully Funded)
The Echidna Global Scholars Program’s Visiting Fellowship is hosted by the Center for Universal Education (CUE), within the Global Economy and Development program, at the Brookings Institution in Washington, DC.
The Echidna Global Scholars Program (the Program) aims to strengthen the capacity of local leaders to advance gender equality in and through education across the Global South. During a six-month Fellowship at Brookings, Scholars conduct individual research focused on improving learning opportunities and life outcomes for girls, young women, and gender non-conforming people, develop their leadership and evidence-based policy skills, build substantive knowledge on gender and global education issues, and expand their pathways for impact. Upon completion of the fellowship, scholars transition to the Echidna Global Scholars Alumni Network, a growing community of practice aimed at promoting their significant, sustained, and collective influence on gender-transformative education globally, regionally and locally. Visit HERE for more Details
7. Carnegie Mellon University Africa Mastercard Scholarships Program 2024 for young Africans.
CMU-Africa and the Mastercard Foundation have partnered to support students whose talent and promise exceed their financial resources. The graduate students complete their Master of Science degrees in Information Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Engineering Artificial Intelligence. Upon completion of the program, the Scholars go on to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent. Visit HERE for more Details
8. ARES Belgian Government Masters and Continuing Education Scholarships 2024/2025 for study in Belgium (Fully Funded)
The ARES scholarships offer you the opportunity to follow a one-year advanced bachelor’s or master’s degree program or a 2-to-6-month continuing education program within a higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation in Belgium. Visit Here for more Details
9. The University of Toronto (U of T) Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme 2024/2025 for study in Canada (Fully Funded)
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Toronto (U of T) is a fully funded scholarship program for graduate studies at Canada’s leading institution of learning, discovery, and knowledge creation. U of T is proud to be one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, driven to invent and innovate.
Prospective scholars will develop their capacity and networks to engage in diverse healthcare professions and healthcare ecosystems in Africa. Upon completion of the program, it’s expected that Scholars will return to their home countries and engage in self-employment or work in a range of health-related professions to advance the health outcomes within their countries upon completion. Visit HERE for More Details
10. Yale Young African Scholars Program 2024 for African secondary school students.
Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) is an intensive academic and enrichment program designed for African secondary school students planning to pursue tertiary education and who wish to make meaningful impact as young leaders on the continent.
Participants will enhance their academic skills, receive guidance on university admissions and career path options, and join a network of young leaders from across Africa. Following the program, students will be paired with mentors who will advise them throughout the university application process. Visit Here for more Details
11. Chilean Government Nelson Mandela Masters Scholarships 2024 for Southern African students (Fully Funded)
The Chilean Agency for International Cooperation and Development (AGCID) is offering grants to pursue Master’s studies at Chilean higher education institutions in 2024.
The purpose of the AGCID Human Capital Training Programme is to contribute to the training of professionals in Master’s Programmes taught by Chilean universities or higher education institutions with a high level of excellence. The grants are offered to professionals who are citizens of South Africa, Mozambique and Angola. Visit Here for more Details
12. French Government Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme 2024 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their masters and PhD programs.
It gives opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and applicants up to 30 years old from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level. Visit HERE for more Details
13. University of Cambridge Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme 2024/2025 for young Africans (Fully Funded)
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Cambridge is pleased to announce that applications for the 2024/2025 academic year are now open.
The programme at the University of Cambridge is designed to provide talented students from Africa with fully funded opportunities to complete their master’s training, grow in transformative leadership, and contribute to climate resilience and sustainability in Africa and the world at large. Visit HERE for more Details
14. United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 for Young Africans (Fully Funded)
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world class university education. Visit HERE for more Details
15. Chevening UK Government Scholarships Programme 2024 for Study in the United Kingdom (Fully Funded)
Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. Whilst there is no ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, we are looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future. Visit Here for more Details
16. US-MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024/2025 for undergraduate & graduate Students from the Middle East and North Africa (Fully Funded to the USA)
Sponsored by the Department of State’s U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI), the Tomorrow’s Leaders Program offers undergraduate and graduate scholarships for accomplished students from socioeconomically underserved backgrounds who represent the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity. Visit here for more Details