Lund University Global Scholarships For International Students – Every year, Lund University awards scholarships to a number of new, high-achieving international students.
About the Lund University Global Scholarship programme
- Approximately SEK 20 million (€1.7 million/US $1.8 million) is awarded in scholarship grants each year
- A selective, merit-based scholarship to recognise top academic students from outside the EU/EEA
As a top 100 university and ranked in the top 0.4% of universities in the world, Lund University attracts high-achieving students from across the globe. The Lund University Global Scholarship programme seeks to recognise these students by awarding academic excellence grants.
Scholarship recipients have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in their previous studies and are assessed as being a good fit for our programmes. The scholarship is selective, competitive and merit-based.
Scholarship grants may cover partial or up to the full tuition fee. The scholarship percentage awarded depends on the budget available to the programme/faculty. It has no reflection on the student’s academic level of excellence. Please note that scholarships are toward tuition fees only and that living costs are not covered. Scholarship recipients must still be able to fund their living costs, as per the requirements of the Swedish Migration Agency.
Who is eligible to Apply?
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country from outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) and be required to pay tuition fees
- You have made a complete application in a regular application round to Bachelor’s or Master’s level studies leading to a degree at Lund University. Note that the programme at Lund University that you are applying for a scholarship for should be your first choice in your application at universityadmissions.se.
Please do not apply if:
- You do not meet the admission requirements to Lund University
- You have not selected a Lund University programme as your first choice at universityadmissions.se
- You cannot secure the funding needed to cover living costs, as required by the Swedish Migration Agency
When and how to Apply – Lund University Global Scholarships For International Students
The Lund University Global Scholarship 2023 application is now closed. The next application period will open in February 2024. You will find a link with application instructions on this page when the application period is open.
To be able to apply and be considered for a Lund University Global Scholarship, you must first have applied to the programme(s) you wish to study at Lund University. You do this through the online, national application website – www.universityadmissions.se – during the application period. Once you have made a complete application to studies leading to a degree and have paid the application fee, you will be able to apply for the scholarship. Note that the scholarship portal is different from the national application portal for studies. The link to the scholarship application portal is published here on this web page during the scholarship application period.
If you are applying to a programme in Fine Art or Music or applying in the later application round, March–April, you will be contacted via email regarding when and how to apply for the scholarship.
As part of the online scholarship application, you need to upload your personal ‘scholarship motivation letter’ (maximum 600 words) in the scholarship application portal. Please note that the scholarship motivation letter is different from any statement of purpose you may be required to submit as part of your programme-specific application documents. Your scholarship motivation letter should explain why your academic performance and reasons for applying to Lund University make you a suitable potential recipient for a Lund University Global Scholarship.
You can only apply for one Lund University Global Scholarship for the programmes that you have selected at Lund University in a specific application round. However, it is possible for you to apply for other scholarships, for example, the Swedish Institute scholarships, in addition.
Selection process – based on academic merits
The selection process for scholarships is undertaken in parallel with the programme/course selection process. Priority will be given to students with high academic performance, who are assessed as a good fit for the programme, who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Lund University and who have selected a programme/course at Lund University as their first choice/choices when applying at www.universityadmissions.se.
As the scholarship is merit-based only, no consideration is taken of the student’s financial needs in the selection process.
If you have applied for the Lund University Global Scholarship, you will receive a message from Lund University shortly after your admission results about the scholarship selection. If you have been selected for a scholarship, the information will include the awarded amount, as well as further instructions. In order to receive the scholarship, you will be required to:
- Accept the scholarship within the time frame stated in your award letter
- Accept your study place at Lund University according to the instructions from Lund University
- Pay the remaining tuition fee instalment by the date stated in the scholarship offer email from Lund University. Note that this payment may be due earlier than the general tuition fee payment deadline for non-scholarship holders!
The scholarship amount will be deducted from your Lund University tuition fee invoice automatically.
For more Information: Visit the website for Lund University Global Scholarships For International Students