Deadline: Friday 11 November 2022.
Media Diversity Australia Summer Fellowships 2023 program
Open to final-year university and TAFE students OR 2022 graduates interested in a media career.
Media Diversity Australia is calling for expressions of interest from students in their final year or graduates who have completed a media /communications degree OR have experience in a news related role (e.g. a student newspaper) and are keen to get industry experience at a mainstream media outlet over the summer break.
- The project aims to place 12 final-year students or recent graduates in 12 different mainstream media outlets nationwide.
- The Fellowship recipients will receive a weekly stipend to cover living expenses for the Fellowship duration.
- The Fellowship will take place full-time.
- The Fellowship recipients will be mentored and supported by an MDA Mentor.
- Fellowships will take place at one outlet for the duration of the placement.
- Applicants can express interest in working at a specific outlet, but Media Diversity Australia and the host newsroom decide their placement.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants must be final-year university/TAFE students OR graduate in 2022.
- Applicants will come from a First Nations or culturally or linguistically diverse background or are interested in growing diversity in Australia’s newsrooms.
- You must address all of the following to be considered for an internship:
In 500 words or less, please tell us a bit about you, any media industry experience you’ve had, what mediums you are most interested in working with, what stories are of interest to you, and why you should be an MDA Summer Fellow.
- Please also attach a CV and one written reference.
- Please attach any examples of published journalism, even if this is through your university or TAFE newsroom.
- Applications open on Friday, October 14 at 9 am AEST and close at 5 pm AEST on Friday 11 November. Successful candidates will be announced in early December after an interview process.
- Questions regarding the Summer Fellowship can be sent to the Director Of Special Projects, Simone Jordan: [email protected].
If this sounds like you, please apply now.
Applicants can apply by clicking here