NAEMSP/Stryker EMS Medicine Medical Director Fellowship Program 2023
Applications are now open for the NAEMSP/Stryker EMS Medicine Medical Director Fellowship Program 2023. The purpose of this fellowship to train individuals for a career as a clinically focused EMS medical director who is board-certified in EMS medicine, to expand the commitment of academic institutions to EMS medicine as a subspecialty and to graduate a fellow with a passion for EMS leadership on a national level.
Award begins: July 1, 2023
Duration: 12 months
Eligibility Criteria for the NAEMSP/Stryker EMS Medicine Medical Director Fellowship Program 2023
It is expected that the applicant will meet all qualifications for American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) EMS subspecialty certification upon completion of the fellowship.
- Diplomate in good standing of any American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) member board or be a graduate of an ACGME accredited residency and eligible to take an ABMS member board-certifying examination at the anticipated commencement of fellowship.
- The physician must be in compliance with the ABEM Policy on Medical Licensure. Licenses must be valid, full, unrestricted and unqualified, except for current residents of ACGME accredited programs who may possess an educational or temporary license.
- Member in good standing of NAEMSP® at time of application and throughout fellowship.
- Intended enrollment in an ACGME approved EMS Medicine Fellowship Program.
- Three letters of recommendation are required:
- One from the Resident Training Program Director or equivalent
- Two additional letters that address your qualifications as a potential EMS fellow and your potential for leadership as an EMS subspecialist
- Only online applications are accepted.
- All questions must be answered and supporting documentation uploaded to the NAEMSP® electronic submission site.
- November 30 submission deadline is firm. No exceptions.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation uploaded as part of the completed application.
o One from the Residency Training Program Director or equivalent.
o Two additional letters that address the applicant’s qualifications as a potential EMS fellow and the applicant’s potential for leadership as an EMS subspecialist.
- Interrogative and affirmed attestation statements.
OVERVIEW OF APPLICATION PROCESS: Each applicant will be judged based on his/her potential for a career as an EMS medical director and to become a national leader in EMS.
- The Award is designated for the successful applicant and dispersed to the fellowship program the awardee chooses for training. The awardee may apply to any ACGME – accredited EMS Fellowship Program to complete his or her training.
- Once the awardee is selected, he or she will have until January 30 to be accepted into and commit to an ACGME accredited EMS Fellowship Program.
- If for any reason the awardee is unable to or cannot be accepted into an ACGME-accredited EMS Fellowship Program by January 30, the Award will be forfeited and an alternate applicant will be selected.
USE OF AWARD DOLLARS:
- Award is for 12 months of contiguous training.
- Award will be issued July 1 for $60,000 to the host fellowship program.
- Award is intended to support the fellow’s education and training costs.
o No funds may be used for facilities and administrative costs (“indirects”).
o No funds may be used for mentorship salary, secretarial support, equipment, or vehicle costs.
o Funds may be used for educational travel expenses.
- Prior to dispersal of funds, host fellowship program must submit a 12 month budget to NAEMSP® for final approval.
AWARDEE REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Attend the NAEMSP® Annual Meeting.
- Maintain NAEMSP® membership in good standing.
- Provide six- and 12-month progress reports that can be shared with the industry sponsor.
- Visit the industry sponsors, at their invitation, for a mutually educational exchange of ideas and information.
- Upon graduation, become ABEM EMS subspecialty certified.
EMS MEDICINE MEDICAL DIRECTOR FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION
Your online application will require answers to the following. Each question has a limit of 300
- How will this award help you accomplish your EMS career ambitions?
- Recognizing that all candidates are highly qualified, what experience or qualifications set you apart from the other candidates?
- What will be your greatest impact on EMS?
- What personal attributes will make you an effective EMS Physician and national EMS leader?
- What is (are) the greatest challenge(s) facing EMS in the next 5-10 years?
- Where do you see yourself in EMS 5-10 years from now and how do you plan to achieve this station?
4. Open Forum
- Anything else you would like to share with the Selection Committee?
Your online application will require that you attest that:
1. I am a Diplomate in good standing of an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Member Board or will be a “Board Eligible” graduate of an ACGME accredited residency.
2. I comply with the ABEM Policy on Medical Licensure. Licenses must be valid, full, unrestricted and unqualified including educational or temporary licenses.
3. I am a member in good standing of NAEMSP®.
4. I agree to attend an ACGME accredited EMS Fellowship Program.