National Museum Bloemfontein Internship Placement 2023 for South Africans
The National Museum, Bloemfontein invites applications for an 18 month internship placement in the Ornithology and Animal and Plant Systematics Department.
• Bachelor of Science degree. Preferably genetics and / or zoology and entomology.
• A demonstrated interest in Ornithological research
• Knowledge of database systems and experience with collections.
• Research and writing skills
• Computer literacy including proficiency in Word, Excel and Access.
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Good inter-personal relations.
Key Performance Areas:
• Assist in departmental research projects which includes collecting specimens, conducting bird surveys and bird ringing.
• Digitisation of heritage specimens and databasing
• Research and write popular scientific posts and articles
• Collections Management and Curation of bird specimens (taxidermy).
National Museum Bloemfontein Internship Placement 2023 Recruitment Details:
• Communication will be limited to the short-listed candidates only;
• Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a comprehensive selection process;
• The intern will receive a monthly stipend equivalent to their NQF level.
• The National Museum is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore people from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
• The National Museum reserves the right not to fill an advertised position.
• If you meet ALL the stated requirements, kindly e-mail or hand deliver your application with all following required documents including a covering letter, the National Museum application form, ,certified copies of your ID, qualifications and a comprehensive CV (including three contactable references) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at 36, Aliwal Street, Bloemfontein.
• Applications not meeting the criteria as stated in the advert will be automatically disqualified.
• Should you not hear from us within a month after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: For further enquiries regarding this internship vacancy, contact HR department on 051- 4479609 or via email to email@example.com | Closing date: 22 March 2023