Deadline: 19th July, 2023.
Application for National Service Graduate Programme is open for eligible University of the Gambia Graduates. The National Service Graduate Programme 2023 is a tripartite collaborative effort between the University of The Gambia (UTG), the National Youth Service Scheme (NYSS) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) aimed at tackling high graduate unemployment and providing them with the necessary support to enter the labour market. The programme provides the participants one year placement /internship at Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Local Government Councils, Private Sector Partners, and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in the Gambia.
The objective of the programme includes but not limited:
1. To provide graduates with practical work experience in their chosen fields to improve their employability prospects.
2. Provide training and development programmes for graduates to prepare them with the skills and knowledge they will need to thrive in the job market.
3. Give graduates the chance to interact with industry professionals and find mentorship possibilities.
4. Promote economic expansion and growth by increasing the number of qualified professionals in the labour market.
The programme is designed to provide graduates with a platform to develop their talents, gain real work experience and increase their chances of employment. In addition to the placement at different institutions, Graduates will be exposed to life skills development, industry-specific training, and career counselling.
To be eligible to apply for this programme, candidates must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
1. Must be a Gambian.
2. Candidates must have successfully completed their studies at the UTG in a relevant field of studies within the past one year.
3. Must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
4. Birth Certificate/National Identity (ID Card)
NB: You will also be required to provide below documents if selected for the programme.
– Certificate of character
– Medical Certificate
– TIN Number
1. Must demonstrate dedication to improving their skills and acquiring real-world experience.
2. Ability to speak at least two local languages will be an advantage
3. CGPA of 3.0 and above will be an advantage
Duration of the programme:
– The placement will be for a duration of One (1) year
Mode of Application
1. Interested graduates should fill out this Google form on or before Wednesday 19th July 2023
2. In addition to the National documents mentioned above, candidates are required to attach the following documents to their application:
– Academic Credentials: (a) UTG Certificate & (b) UTG Transcript
– Curriculum Vita/ Resume
– A motivational letter
– One (1) reference/recommendation letter
After the receipt of applications, a panel comprising of representatives from partner institutions will:
1. Conduct preliminary screening and long listing
2. Shortlisting of qualified applicants.
3. Conduct Interview of applicants
4. Reference and background checking
Successful candidates must participate in a mandatory one-month residential induction/orientation session. Selected participants will be provided five thousand dalasi (D5,000) monthly stipend for upkeep.
For further information, please contact any of the following officials during working hours:
Mr. Adama Beyai: 7510068
Mr. Njie: 3757174
Mr. Conteh: 3508801