Students in S.1 – S.3, do you know your National Identification Number? Well Term One of the academic year 2023/24 is drawing closer, so you are encouraged to register for your NIN with @NIRA_Ug . Your NIN is a requirement for continuous assessment.
IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN REGISTERED, DIAL *216# to check the status of your NIN
IF YOU HAVE NEVER REGISTERED GET A COPY OF ONE OF YOUR PARENTS NATIONAL ID’s NIN AND VISIT A NIRA OFFICE!
Website: ONIRA www.nira.go.ug
Learners below 18 years
1) A copy of your parents national ID if alive or a copy of a blood relative national id if both parents are deceased.
2) A duly filled and signed NIRA enrolment/registration FORM 3 filled on behalf of the learner by either parent/guardian/or person responsible for the supervision or welfare of the child.
3) Present the learner for capture of biometrics (face & fingerprints) together with original national ID card of either the parent, guardian, or person responsible for the supervision or welfare of the child.
Please note that learners previously registered by NIRA are required to first verify their registration status to determine whether to proceed with providing fresh information for NIRA Registration. NIRA Registration is confirmed by a Notional Identification Number (NIN).
A NIN can be verified by:
1.Download a NIN slip from the NIRA website (www.nira.go.ug) or 2.Dia1.216# and follow the prompts or
3.Visit the nearest NIRA office to confirm status of your registration
Learners above 18 years
1) The NIRA L.0 1 recommendation letter, approved/signed by either GISO/DISO
2) A copy of parent national ID if alive or a copy of a blood parents are deceased relatives national ID
3) A duly filled and signed NIRA enrolment/registration FORM 3
4) Present oneself for capture of biometrics (face & fingerprints)
Call Toll Free: Website: ONIRA 0800 211 700 www.nira.go.ug