NIRA TO ISSUE NINS TO ALL UGANDA SECONDARY SCHOOL LEARNERS
To ALL Secondary Schools
- Required to register with UNEB to be able to submit continuous assessment scores of their learners.
- Will not be allowed to register learners for end of cycle (UACE) exams if they have not registered for continuous assessment.
- Shall not be able to update the promotional or transitional status of learners in their schools if they have not uploaded learners’ data to the EMIS portal.
- You are required to uniquely identify learners in the process of continuous assessment through National ID Numbers(NINs).
- The EMIS portal will be open until January 31, 2023, to allow all schools to upload learners who were not uploaded by December 31, 2022.
Schools which will not have uploaded learners’ data to the EMIS portal shall not be able to update the promotional status of learners in their schools. UNEB shall use the school and learner information collected by the Ministry of Education and Sports as well as NIRA.
In order to successfully register as a learner, secondary school learners must present NINs for their parents. This is because the constitution of Uganda grants citizens basing on their parents or grandparents.