Deadline: January 9, 2023
North Carolina State Government Agencies Summer 2023 Internship Programmes for Students
Applications are now open for North Carolina State Government Agencies Summer 2023 Internship Programmes for Students. College students can apply for up to 100 internships across multiple North Carolina state government agencies. Governed by the NC Department of Administration’s Council for Women and Youth Involvement, the annual State Government Internship Program offers a 10-week, paid internship for college students interested in careers in state government.
The North Carolina Internship Program provides students with professional work experience that connects their classroom experiences and potential career choices.
What is the Duration and Benefits
- Interns work 40 hours a week for a 10-week period
- They earn $12.00 an hour.
- They participate in meetings, educational tours and other activities designed to broaden their perspective of public service and state government. There are numerous internship positions available during the summer at various state agencies located throughout North Carolina.
- Projects and interns are screened and selected by the North Carolina Internship Council. The State of NC Internship Program is highly competitive.
Interns are encouraged to seek academic credit for the internship, but the student is responsible for making such arrangements and should determine the specific procedure at her/his academic institution. The Internship Council reminds all applicants that the intent of the Internship Program is to provide a variety of opportunities for students to learn about public service professions.
Who Should Apply
The internship program is open to all North Carolina residents attending a college, university, technical institute or community college. As in previous years, the pool of internships will be diverse ranging from virtual to in-person to hybrid depending on the project and location.
- An applicant must be a permanent North Carolina resident attending a college, university, law school, community college or technical institute in North Carolina or a North Carolina resident attending an equivalent institution out of state.
- Applicants must carry a 2.5 or greater overall grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old by January 1, 2023.
- Applicants must be continuing their education in the fall following their participation in the program.
- To qualify for a law internship, applicants must have completed at least one year of law school before the beginning of the internship, unless other majors are listed.
- Students having previously held paid internships with this program are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work full-time for the entire 10-week internship. Applicants must be able to provide legal proof of identity and work authorization within three working days of employment.
How to Apply – North Carolina State Government Agencies Summer 2023 Internship Programmes for Students
Applications now open until Jan. 9, 2023
Applications will be submitted ONLINE only.
1. Create your online account profile.
2. Then apply for any position listed through the online job application system. You may apply for up to three internships. (HINT: Search “internship” to find postings easily. All posting will begin with, “State of NC Internship – …”
3. Click here to apply.
What is the Selection Process
Interns are selected through a process overseen by the North Carolina Internship Council. Selection is based on a thorough review of applications, including academic records and interest in state government. Qualified candidates also may be selected for a virtual interview with prospective supervisors.