Northern Cape School Opens 2023 Online Applications
Parents in the Northern Cape will have just over a month to apply for school placement on behalf of their children as the online application portal for schools in the province is set to close in 38 days.
The Northern Cape Education Department has opened their online application portal for the 2023 academic year. The online applications are for the admission of learners to public schools.
Parents of learners attending Grade R, Grade 1 and Grade 8 in 2023 will have until 20 June to apply on the online portal.
The department reminded parents that they cannot guarantee placement of a learner at the school of the applicant’s preference, but they will ensure that all learners who applied for Grade 1 and 8 are placed.
The department said, “Once information on the application form is completed and submitted no changes can be made”.
They added that if applicants provide any falsified or incorrect information and documentation, their application can be rejected and/or disqualified.
In the Northern Cape, applications consist of three steps. Parents must complete these steps to ensure their application is complete.
- Parent/ legal guardian registration
- Learner profiling
Here’s The Required Documentation Needed When Applying For School In The Northern Cape For South African Citizens
- A copy of the Parent/Legal guardian ID (or affidavit in a case where the parent / legal guardian does not have an identity document);
- Proof of Home Address (A Municipal Account in the name of the parent with the home address used during application OR A legal lease agreement between the tenant and the owner of the property / Landlord);
- Child’s Birth certificate or an affidavit or a sworn statement;
- Clinic Card / Proof of immunisation for Grade R and Grade 1 Applications;
- The most recent Grade 7 learner progress report for Grade 8 Applications.
Non-South African citizens can provide a…
Learner valid study permit, Asylum Seeker permit, Refugee Permit, Temporary or Permanent residence issued by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA)
Parents can submit a Parent/Legal Guardian Passport, Asylum Seeker, Refugee Permit, or Temporary or Permanent residence issued by DHA.
Proof of Home Address (A Municipal Account in the name of the parent with the home address used during application OR A legal lease agreement between the tenant and the owner of the property / Landlord)